Oil Temperature Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I'm installing an oil temperature gauge (Autometer 4741). What would be the best location to place the sensor? (i.e.,rear of block? top of block? oil pan?).

Thanks in advance for any help.
Andry

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Oil pan.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
my oil pressure sensor is on the intake manifold. its a edelbrock performer one.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
beermonkey9417 said:
my oil pressure sensor is on the intake manifold. its a edelbrock performer one.

Yes, but he's asking about a oil temp gauge, not a pressure gauge. ;)

And I'm not real familiar with SBC's but I didn't think any GM engine, at least the older V8's, had any oil circulating through the intake manifold???

On an Olds the pressure feed for the sender is in the block above the water pump. On a Chevy I thought it was also on the block, not the intake.

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Thanks for both replies. However "beermonkey", I'm talking about the oil Temp sensor and not the Pressure sensor.

On my Big Block, I located the Pressure sensor on the driver's side near the front of the block, because if pressure should fails, that's the best place to sense it and react before the engine gives up.

Andry

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor