Olds 350 valve cover clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
That is a big cam if the heads weren't milled, as said do a compression test. If they were milled, it will be close to what you want for duration.

rose350

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2013
Illinois
Old school cam, make sure you have enough stall. Using the 2004R? Of course it would need some upgrades.The stock D5 is rated at 2400 rpm. What carb are your running? The Street Demon 750 or modified 800 cfm Qjet would work great with that motor.
Yes I’m using the 200-4R built by Janis Transmissions with a 3000 stall. Right now I have a 650 QF but plan on running the Holley Sniper EFI.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Good transmission builder and should be plenty of stall. That carb is small for that 350 but if going to the Sniper, just tune it for now. Talk to Cutlassefi before you go EFI. Nice to see someone pick an Olds 350, a really reliable under used motor.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

rose350

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2013
Illinois
Good transmission builder and should be plenty of stall. That carb is small for that 350 but if going to the Sniper, just tune it for now. Talk to Cutlassefi before you go EFI. Nice to see someone pick an Olds 350, a really reliable under used motor.
Yeah....I use to drag race an ‘84 Cutlass and it was Chevy powered. When I bought my ‘85 442 I promised myself that it would stay Oldsmobile powered. I just hope this motor is very streetable cause I drive mine a lot when the weather is nice. I long hauled it last year on the Power Tour with a stock 350.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
It should be fine with that much stall and should have enough vacuum for brakes. Like I said, a compression test and throw a vacuum gauge on once running. I assume Mr Janis uses a quality converter, so it will act stock puttering around, not like a slip n slide.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor