Olds 403 value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I have a friend with a 1979 Pontiac Tenth Anniversary Trans Am. It has the all original totally stock Olds 403 and T-350 mautomatic transmission. He lost his storage and may have to sell or part out the car. He has engaged me to get it driveable and so far I have verified the 403 runs pretty good. If he parts it out I was wondering if the 403 was a desirable engine and if it was worth putting on Craigslist. We can't pull it and then have it laying around forever. I need the Olds guys to educate me.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I have a friend with a 1979 Pontiac Tenth Anniversary Trans Am. It has the all original totally stock Olds 403 and T-350 mautomatic transmission. He lost his storage and may have to sell or part out the car. He has engaged me to get it driveable and so far I have verified the 403 runs pretty good. If he parts it out I was wondering if the 403 was a desirable engine and if it was worth putting on Craigslist. We can't pull it and then have it laying around forever. I need the Olds guys to educate me.
I'm sure someone would want it! Like any engine from the late 70's (smogged to death with crap heads) the 403 has very low HP, at only around 185 ish...but im sure someone would want it to build it up, there is enough H/O enthusiast out there who might want to dump their boat anker 307 Olds

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
So it is desirable. Good to know.

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
So it is desirable. Good to know.
It's kind of a divided camp with 403s. Lots of guys love them, lots say they're junk. They have a lot of potential. I was on the hunt for one for a few years but couldn't find one that was priced reasonably or wasn't just junk. They're getting harder to find every year.
Like I said, it'll sell.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Everything is desirable to the right person, key is finding that person. As far as value, its only worth what someone is willing to pay.

• Agree

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Are they very heavy? I am used to the gorilla Pontiac V-8's and flyweight Buick V-8's. Where does the Olds measure up?

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Nice link. Good info. I can see why they would work well in a G or F body. Street motor, big bore, short stroke, weak bottom. Not unlike the 301, just bigger. Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor