Olds 403 value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I parted out my 79 T/A, i put the floor jack under the front spring perch, started pumping the handle the jack kept going up, but the car never moved! It went right through the body.

Friend had a 72 Challenger did the same thing.

The seats were hitting the headliner!

I did not take a real close look. I did jack up the rear to see if it was a posi- it is. The rear end metal looked solid. The inside is full of parts and the silver leather seats are gone. I told him if he parted it the disc brake rear was very valuable, as well as the silver shaded T-tops, the tilt column, the turbo wheels, and now the 403 too. He was supposed to get it towed to me so I could get it drive-able but he didn't show.

I would be surprised if that car does not sell as is.

• Agree
Reactions: pontiacgp
He has two TA's for sale. That TATA and a 1980 301 that was replaced with a 1978 Pontiac 400. This is that one: https://gbodyforum.com/threads/doing-the-unstuck.69747/ So far he has gotten dozens of calls on the TATA and not a single call on the '80. Even though the '80 starts and runs great. Mostly dreamers that never call back or bottom feeders looking to get the car and all the parts for a song.

Reactions: fleming442
That tells you right there....no one wants a 403

Especially when its in a Pontiac!!!

Believe it or not, they are comparable to the sbc in weight, id say within 30 Lbs either way...heres a Kkool link!

I dunno, those are some pretty antiquated theories.

How bad do all of the available heads flow? Because that is going to limit power potential.

Second, valve train design dictates RPM, not the stroke. Again what options exist to build a complimentary valve train?

Olds engines just require a fat wallet. Stock heads all suck as far as max performance potential. You're light years ahead starting with aftermarket aluminum joints. The irons aren't worth messing with unless you're doing all the grinding yourself.

Reactions: Rktpwrd and DRIVEN
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor