Olds 403 value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
engine_7.JPG

DSC_0138.JPG

Looking at the red one I think the oil galleries are way inboard. No way they leaked all the way to the motor mounts. On the blueone I'm looking at the first freeze out plug. Right at the motor mount. Up high. I'm thinking head gasket now. Or cracked head. Either way it is vomiting butterscotch pudding, and I am not fixing it.

Is there a PMD on the head??

If so I would say yes to the head crack

very poor quality head

Too rusty to see anything. The exhaust manifold is hiding where the ooze is coming from. He says a guy on wrong island may still want it. I hope so.

Too rusty to see anything. The exhaust manifold is hiding where the ooze is coming from. He says a guy on wrong island may still want it. I hope so.

The PMD is right below the valve cover between the exhaust ports. You can see it right from the top

Well, it's gone. The guy from out East came with a trailer and paid $2000 for it. He and his buddies are welders and metal fabricators so they were not put off by the rust. He was very happy to see the original motor and the first thing he said was "head gasket". He especially loved the 4 wheel disc brakes. It actually went to a guy that will do the right thing. Thanks for all the input guys. I learned a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor