CUTLASS Olds Graduation Present

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Looks clean for Ontario. What year is it and what drive train? It looks like a non CCC factory 305, so 85 or older? Is it a 200C 3 spd or 2004R trans? Nothing wrong with being a tradesman, good move and good luck on the new career.
1984, and 200C.

Oh haha for sure, it's a great start and I appreciate the words 😎👌👌👌

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
You may not be tough skinned enough for the trades, cool car though
Because, of an incident that most guys, wouldn't be thick skinned enough themselves to come forward about?

Let me explain a little bit about myself here.

I immigrated from Croatia during the war in the 1990's.

Most of my family, especially on my Dads side have worked in various trades, so I grew up in those environments.

I also grew up in Alberta most of my life, surrounded by workers who went up north to the oil patch every few weeks.

Should I continue?

If I didn't have thick skin, then let me ask you one question?

How am I still here, let alone with more than I started with? Riddle that sh*t back 🧐😂😂😂

Reactions: 1 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Because, of an incident that most guys, wouldn't be thick skinned enough themselves to come forward about?

Let me explain a little bit about myself here.

I immigrated from Croatia during the war in the 1990's.

Most of my family, especially on my Dads side have worked in various trades, so I grew up in those environments.

I also grew up in Alberta most of my life, surrounded by workers who went up north to the oil patch every few weeks.

Should I continue?

If I didn't have thick skin, then let me ask you one question?

How am I still here, let alone with more than I started with? Riddle that sh*t back 🧐😂😂😂
Im not sure what you mean by that but I k ow that if you need therapy from having a shitty job and also had a “ me too” moment I’d say you are a little thin skinned
Most trades workers would just shrug and walk away from a shitty job and laugh their asses off telling the” me too” story around the break room
I’m sure you’re a nice guy , maybe too nice ?
trades will scrub that off you
I’m not trying to be a troll here either , maybe I should just apologize and stop Messi g in your thread
Like I said , nice car man
Sorry I offended you

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Im not sure what you mean by that but I k ow that if you need therapy from having a shitty job and also had a “ me too” moment I’d say you are a little thin skinned
Most trades workers would just shrug and walk away from a shitty job and laugh their asses off telling the” me too” story around the break room
I’m not trying to be a troll here either , maybe I should just apologize and stop Messi g in your thread
Sorry I offended you
I've found different generations process things differently, and, more recent ones came up in varying degrees of an emotional support cocoon the older generations would laugh at.

There's a growing body of studies and scholarly papers being written about how participation trophies morphed to safe spaces morphed to a radical drive to intolerance of non-conforming viewpoint expression.

Things we chanted on the playground in generation X leave kids, heck, even some generation z workers, nearly catatonic complaining of physical pain from hearing or reading mere words.

None of that is any particular statement on the OP, its just a fact of societal shifts, thank the educational system. Its an observation by an older guy about younger people. Many can't even take criticism by a superior about deficient work products at their job.

Reactions: 3 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
looks like you're off to a good start with the new ride,congrats on the new job opportunity.

• Love

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Sorry I offended you
Ok. But let me explain again- as it was more than just a shitty job... it also involved a personal relationship outside of work, and a loss of several friendships.

Because I am not offended, but I am not here to be labelled thin skinned, as 1. It's not factual- and 2. You say that based one me telling one story, which you didn't even get right.

As I will concur one thing you are right about man, trades people do shrug it off, which is why I am continuing on this thread- regardless of anyones opinions here.

However, thank you for what was stated about my new project :)

At the end of the day?

I am a grown man, like you don't need to apologize to me.

But stop and think- if you aren't sharing positivity towards the younger generation when they are succeeding, in this world where many struggle, every day?

Then... Like I am not sure what you, possibly could gain from saying those things just saying🤫🤣🤣🤣

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
I've found different generations process things differently, and, more recent ones came up in varying degrees of an emotional support cocoon the older generations would laugh at.

There's a growing body of studies and scholarly papers being written about how participation trophies morphed to safe spaces morphed to a radical drive to intolerance of non-conforming viewpoint expression.

Things we chanted on the playground in generation X leave kids, heck, even some generation z workers, nearly catatonic complaining of physical pain from hearing or reading mere words.

None of that is any particular statement on the OP, its just a fact of societal shifts, thank the educational system. Its an observation by an older guy about younger people. Many can't even take criticism by a superior about deficient work products at their job.
For sure, that makes sense, I would say it's more based on each person's circumstances, as we all lived different lives.

For me- like most I can say I have worked jobs I have despised and stuff where I didn't. I started working over a decade and a half almost now.

A little story, I used to do flagging all year, one winter I worked in -40 Celcius weather in Alberta.

Yeah....To be honest that hazard pay was laughable, however it was a matter of necessity, to pay my rent as I was just starting out on my own 😎🤟🤟🤟

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
looks like you're off to a good start with the new ride,congrats on the new job opportunity.
I appreciate it man, looking forward to having some fun learning this summer haha 😎💪💪💪

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I appreciate it man, looking forward to having some fun learning this summer haha 😎💪💪💪
You seem to have your head on your shoulders fairly straight aside from your love of rusty cars, an affliction most of us here have.

But, as your fleet grows, I caution you on becoming "hood rich".... which is similar to aspiring to become king of the trailer park, the guy with a $90k truck living in a 1972 mobile home because all the money is spent. Pick whichever version of the joke you like.

Myself, when I was young I self funded the car hobby by doing it as a side hustle. Insurance auction cars and lightly wrecked uninsured private owner ones id strip some to rebuild and sell others, sell spare parts, but use the money to cover my addiction err hobby including renting an oddball storage unit for space to do it - every facility has some. The unheated outdoor 30x20 with only one door on it that's hard to use so it's cheaper. The old 14x40 that has an oversized chain-pull door most renters can't figure out to use. Unless it's a new complex, there's oddball units at a discount.

Blend the two together so the hobby isn't a drain on resources, and, don't buy too many where you get an attachment before you've got space to keep/care for them.

• Love

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Sorry for all you been through, but I want to stay focused just on the project. Your location up north you don't have the problem of the plastics getting destroyed as down here. However, being in Arizona rust is not a common problem.

Depending how deep you want to get into it, I can probably find you a rust free frame and some body panels. Cutlass is a popular car and several abandoned with no title. So those would be possible donor cars.

I actually had the wood grain radio trim you need today. Which I was surprised... It didn't turn pink and wasn't cracked. Maybe get a work list together to organize the project. I don't have any door skins at the moment, but sure some are around. Just have to find them.

• Love

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor