Olds motor mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Can anybody who has put a 403 in a gbody tell me what they did for motor mounts? I'm at a real stand still here...nothing anybody is telling me is adding up, the parts simply just don't fit.

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
you need to get frame mounts and engine mounts from any G body with a 307 or 260 oldsmobile engine. The frame mounts go in totally different locations than chevy mounts shown in your pictures.The F body mounts will interfere with header installation. Take a look at my build thread for mounts and location on the frame. My car had a 260 and 455 fit in the same spot. The gold mounts on the frame are for an Olds engine

Attachments

• IMAG0038.jpg
    IMAG0038.jpg
    894.9 KB · Views: 1,475

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
I have a set of olds frame mounts, i noticed an R and L stamped on them does this stand for left and right?

The problem i'm having is with the motor mounts that bolt to the engine. I bought a new set for an 85 olds cutlass with the 307. They don't fit to the "bracket" that bolts to the motor. Somebody told me i can bolt the mounts directly too the motor and skip the "bracket", if thats the case which of the three holes do i use?

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
The L and R do stand for left and right. They bolt to the frame using 2 bolts. The engine mounts you have from your first picture are correct and bolt directly to the block using 2 bolts. All the brackets you have are from an F body and sounld not be used. The rubber mount bolts directly to the engine block

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Haha yeah i've been told this isn't exactly a common swap. I have a ton of pictures of the entire car buildup, i'm waiting to start the thread till she's done and running. Which should be next week.

Oldschool Only

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 5, 2013
Can somebody please put up a pic of which holes the brackets go I'm trying to put in 403 olds in my 82 regal n also what kind of transmission mount do I have to use for the t350. Thanks I'm kinda struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor