Olds motor mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
I'll try and get or make a picture for you tomorrow, i can't remember specifically which ones i used.

Depends on what trans you had in the car before? I'm using the stock cross member and the mount that came with my TH350

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Wait, olds powered f bodies used chevy frame mounts and a b*st*rd motor mount to install them. Couldnt you just get 77-9 olds powered t/a mounts and use your factory chevy frame mounts? Pretty sure that works.

Oldschool Only

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 5, 2013
Thanks man I appreciate it I almost gave up on that wh*re. I took the engine n the brackets off more than 3 times hopefully ican get this thing set n running .

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Marcar i tried, they are different. To see the differences you'll have to have the parts beside one another. FIrst the mounting holes are slightly off from the T/A to the SBC mounts, won't line up and you'd have to oblong them. Second the rubber bushings have a difference in the steel inserts/ height. You'd have to use the 403 brackets with the mounts from the T/A or they just won't fit together.

Trust me, i tried everything and the only options is to buy the right hardware to get the job done.

Oldschool Only

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 5, 2013
I got the brackets from the 307 n I got the motor mounts from the trans am

Oldschool Only

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 5, 2013
My car had the 3.8 buick

Oldschool Only

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 5, 2013
Yeah I got those brackets n I got the rubber mounts from t/a new. Do you know if the exaust will fit the manifolds from the 403

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor