Oldsmobile Quadrajet flexible fuel pump to carburetor line

Status
Not open for further replies.

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
Looking to see if anybody has converted their main feed line to braided flexible type?

I like the hard line, but if you ever go to change the filter or pump, it's a day of trying to get it threaded back in IF you don't cross thread something.

For example, an Edelbrock 8123. Just can't do many (or any) adapters since the front feed carburetor is very tight to the thermostat housing.

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
And to clarify, I'd be looking for something with the factory inverted flare fittings. The factory tube is just a 3/8 brake line bent to fit (though it is almost impossible to make yourself with the right bend at the carburetor end).

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
That might be hard to find ends that will seal properly. I need a custom one for the serpentine belt drive, it hits the stock steel line. I tried bending Ni Copper line but the bends are both very tight, even tighter than stock. I looks like sh*t currently.

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
That might be hard to find ends that will seal properly. I need a custom one for the serpentine belt drive, it hits the stock steel line. I tried bending Ni Copper line but the bends are both very tight, even tighter than stock. I looks like sh*t currently.

From what I gather, the ends to the braided hoses are like a compression fitting. So, it would just be a matter of finding the ends that are made to be whatever thread a standard 3/8 brake line would be. As opposed to AN or pipe thread.

I guess the problem is most people who use non-factory style parts go all the way with everything as far as modifying. Holley instead of a CCC Quadrajet. If not fuel injection out of a box.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Yep, very easy and highly recommended

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
From what I gather, the ends to the braided hoses are like a compression fitting. So, it would just be a matter of finding the ends that are made to be whatever thread a standard 3/8 brake line would be. As opposed to AN or pipe thread.

I guess the problem is most people who use non-factory style parts go all the way with everything as far as modifying. Holley instead of a CCC Quadrajet. If not fuel injection out of a box.
Thing is the CCC Qjet is superior to aftermarket carbs for most uses. The quality of many aftermarket parts including so called performance parts is often not as good as OEM parts.

maxi426

Apprentice
Sep 20, 2018
I unbolt the carb from the intake to remove the fuel line. Start both fittings before starting the carb bolts.

Reactions: 1 user

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
I unbolt the carb from the intake to remove the fuel line. Start both fittings before starting the carb bolts.

That would be a way to do it. But that's also like unbolting a door and bolting it back on every time you get in and out of the car.

Thing is the CCC Qjet is superior to aftermarket carbs for most uses. The quality of many aftermarket parts including so called performance parts is often not as good as OEM parts.

I would agree just with what I've experienced driving the car every day more or less for 15 years. It's not a hot rod or toy. That being said, if I need to change the fuel filter, or plan on doing it proactively, having the car down a whole day to do something simple is where factory things need "reengineered".

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Nearly every Olds V8 I had, the line at the carb was severely twisted when I got it😥.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor