On the 'mildly' Cheap SS Monte Carlo chasing a 9.0____(oil pan woes)

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Seeing turbo auto cars do work makes me rethink my stick blower combo sometimes for sure!!

Gettin er done!

Reactions: 5 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
She's doing work!

I wanna get kicked out!
The worst part is it’s just getting started. AND I didn’t want to kicked out in the 1st run for the love of God.

I asked the principal (I got sent to the principal’s office after this run) if I could I could just run the 1/8th. He said if I went under 7.50 in the 1/8th that I’d be not allowed in the lanes again. So the next run I lifted at the 330ish mark and ran 7.51 lol - total luck.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Seeing turbo auto cars do work makes me rethink my stick blower combo sometimes for sure!!

Gettin er done!
If I had your blown stick setup I wouldn’t swap it. It’s about softening the hit and letting the boost do it past the launch. I’ll bet that if you would’ve hooked when your rear broke that you’d a been in the 1.4 60’ or better range. That’s HARD on parts - even good ones.

Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
So this seals the deal for making the car legal. They said if I’d a had belts and a secured seat that I wouldn’t have been warned.

I seem to be losing boost on WG also - was down another .5 psi from where it was previously. I’m assuming a leak somewhere - there are about 10-15 candidates on truck intake and budget plumbing. I’m putting on a Gen5/ Trailblazer intake with rails anyway- word is the intake is worth another 20hp.

Thanks to all for the kind words - Jim

Reactions: 7 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Secured seat? Like connected to the cage?
Yes - back of the seat attached to where the belts are attached. I believe the idea is that the seat can’t move independently of the belts.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor