On the 'mildly' Cheap SS Monte Carlo chasing a 9.0____(oil pan woes)

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
You can order M/T drag tires through Walmart.com and they are showing up on time. They clearly have priority contracts over the usual scumbags.
Just ordered another set of Street R’s only because if it goes bad, then I can blame the guy from Central Canukistan

;) ;)

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Just ordered another set of Street R’s only because if it goes bad, then I can blame the guy from Central Canukistan

;) ;)

Come At Me Will Ferrell GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Northernregal I'm using the dipstick for the '08 Tahoe which is the oil pan I'm using as well. I did calibrate it when I put the motor in too.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Did you mark the bottom of the windage tray on the dipstick?
It’s a little over a quart to get in it with the motor off. So 7 or just a little more. Obviously with the motor running though 8 is below it.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
We're you able to get any videos? 9 runs is alot!
last run :

5 or 6th run :

In the last run 3.5 psi and not much timing. It slow motion launches. It comes on pretty quick, just not a lot of traction lol.

Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Hopefully the new resolves some issues.

New.jpg

Attachments

• antiques.jpg
    antiques.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 61
  • Summer tires.jpg
    Summer tires.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
Reactions: 4 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Surprised you went with S/S instead of R's at your power level. Do you plan to drive on them during DW?

And holy hell, you were still on MT ET Streets? Those things must be from the Obama administration lol!!! Havn't seen a car running on those for a while!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Surprised you went with S/S instead of R's at your power level. Do you plan to drive on them during DW?

And holy hell, you were still on MT ET Streets? Those things must be from the Obama administration lol!!! Havn't seen a car running on those for a while!
I tried to get Street R's in the spring and cancelled the order because they said it wouldn't be until at least July. I probably shouldn't have. But ET Street's were available so I bought them. That's what I was running, so they work. I ordered a set of R's and hopefully they are here by DW. My Street SS's from last year were bald, but still useable until I went to the no prep event and spun 1000 ft out - the track and crap on it shredded them. The guy that runs the no prep gig sends me messages constantly trying to get me to go, but I'm not wealthy enough to wreck a set of tires every time or every time I go. And I don't find that exciting. There has been at least two full spins and or wrecks every time he's held an event - no thanks.

Reactions: 1 users

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
Need to tighten up that suspension. Front comes up too fast and unloads the car.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor