CUTLASS One last try…Anyone have pictures of correct vacuum line routing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kra5379

Apprentice
Apr 30, 2019
I posted basically this same question probably about a year ago, and never got any responses that actually had pictures. What I’m looking for is anyone who has a 1983-1984 Cutlass or Regal with the Buick 3.8L (231), who is 100% sure that they have all of their vacuum lines routed just as they were from the factory. Yes I know there are original emissions “diagrams“ and all that, but they aren’t to scale nd whenever I try following them I always end up with 2-3 that don’t seem to go anywhere or be original. I know someone out there has to have an original, unmolested example that would be much easier for others to look at when routing their own. My car (like I said) is a 1983 Cutlass Supreme Brougham, 3.8L with A/C, air pump, 2 BBL (E2ME) 350TH transmission (it does have a vacuum modulator on the right side of the trans), any other questions you may have just ask. And please, not trying to be a tool, but I’m not looking for diagnostic suggestions or anything outside of what I’ve asked for….the last time I posted this I got a few responses but not a single person had any pictures of vacuum setups

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I posted basically this same question probably about a year ago, and never got any responses that actually had pictures. What I’m looking for is anyone who has a 1983-1984 Cutlass or Regal with the Buick 3.8L (231), who is 100% sure that they have all of their vacuum lines routed just as they were from the factory. Yes I know there are original emissions “diagrams“ and all that, but they aren’t to scale nd whenever I try following them I always end up with 2-3 that don’t seem to go anywhere or be original. I know someone out there has to have an original, unmolested example that would be much easier for others to look at when routing their own. My car (like I said) is a 1983 Cutlass Supreme Brougham, 3.8L with A/C, air pump, 2 BBL (E2ME) 350TH transmission (it does have a vacuum modulator on the right side of the trans), any other questions you may have just ask. And please, not trying to be a tool, but I’m not looking for diagnostic suggestions or anything outside of what I’ve asked for….the last time I posted this I got a few responses but not a single person had any pictures of vacuum setups
If nobody else does, I have a 44k mile 1983 that's untouched since new. But, it's in a warehouse up north right now with a couple containers of parts about 1100 miles away or so.

So, if nobody else can guide you someday I can, someday. But, is a non cruise control car and the cruise back then was operated by a small solenoid on the driver wheelwell that adds a bunch to the lines and routing. So that might be part of your problem?

Reactions: 1 user

Herrera87

n00b
Sep 28, 2021
I am having the same issue. I can’t seem to get the lines routed correctly. I have two coming from the cab that I know are missing their canister or valve of some sort. I even bought a manual that did not have any sort of schematic. I just want to get my car on the road, a major reason why I can’t Is due to the vacuum lines routing.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Do you have a CSM for your car? I doubt if you're going to find a complete, vacuum diagram for everything at once all in one place. You might, but not likely from GM. Even if you had a PIM, aka assembly manual, you'd never get a single vacuum line diagram.

There are vacuum line diagrams in the CSM that show where stuff goes, but they're not in one place. They're more so on the component level. Like the HVAC vacuum routing is in, well, the HVAC section. And so on and so forth.

If you followed the emissions diagram on your emissions label, then you have to be close. If not, you are doing it wrong or your label is incorrect, or someone changed something under the hood.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
would a pic of the vac diagram on the radiator cowl do?

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
I may be able to help you there. I have a good friend with a regal and I will see if I can get him to send any from it. Also I have an 84 cutlass but I cant get to that tomorrow, and im not sure if the carb or vaccum lines has been bothered. I will check in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor