Oops...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
There are aftermarket stand-alone transmission controllers out there but the production PCM is likely much more budget friendly. I think 454GrandPrix is running the TCI controller and speaks well of it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

WelfareWagon

Apprentice
Jun 12, 2017
Missouri
There are aftermarket stand-alone transmission controllers out there but the production PCM is likely much more budget friendly. I think 454GrandPrix is running the TCI controller and speaks well of it.
Ah yeah I remember seeing that. I’m just trying to stay on the cheap so yeah. Stock manifolds and all. We will see how it goes. I would love to put the turbo on it this go around but I don’t want to miss the power tour.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Maybe save the turbo for later and just wake it up with a super cheap cam swap like an LS6 Z06 cam.

WelfareWagon

Apprentice
Jun 12, 2017
Missouri
Maybe save the turbo for later and just wake it up with a super cheap cam swap like an LS6 Z06 cam.
The way I look at it though, If I’m already going to be paying for a tune for the camshaft I might as well have the turbo there I so don’t have to pay twice lol. I’m a cheapskate.

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
WelfareWagon, doing the same swap in my 85SS this winter. Just finished collecting most parts. For the shifter, using one from a gen 4 Camaro (4L60e) along with the shifter cable, just need to open it up on the 4L80e end for the cable. (haven't done that part yet). Guys on LS1tech using them when doing a 4L80e swap. Have the shifter mounted, working on the rest.

WelfareWagon

Apprentice
Jun 12, 2017
Missouri
WelfareWagon, doing the same swap in my 85SS this winter. Just finished collecting most parts. For the shifter, using one from a gen 4 Camaro (4L60e) along with the shifter cable, just need to open it up on the 4L80e end for the cable. (haven't done that part yet). Guys on LS1tech using them when doing a 4L80e swap. Have the shifter mounted, working on the rest.

Thanks for the information. I have a hurst promatic I want to use but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor