Opinions on stainless steel home countertops

Stainless Steel coutertops

• Great idea!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Terrible idea- too industrial looking.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Great idea, but only if you plan to rebuild carburetors where you cook

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Indifferent on the whole thing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up doing my kitchen piece by piece with cabinets from Home Depot and then countertops for all 3 pieces of counter was only $300 or so. Option #2 was sorting thru stuff from the re-use it store ( Run by habitat for humanity ). I have found tonnes of cool stuff there over the years. Everything from doors to appliances

Stainless counters may look cool and functional but in a re-sale world may turn away potential buyers

I too am a regular visitor to the Habitat For Humanity "re-store". However, they had nothing I could use last time I went, probably because they had just moved to a new location the day before and had not yet set up. As for the counters, I talked with a co-worker who also works in stone counter tops and he is going to get me a price. He might be able to get me a good deal, and it is probably what I will do. I figure I have about 6 months before I will save enough money to get started, so now is the time to do some shopping and planning. That is, unless I decide to not get a new car this year and instead spend my $4k down payment on a new kitchen. Decisions, decisions...

For those of you who have been on here long enough to know about my home saga, I finally found my roofer today! He's doing a composite panel roof for my back porch for $2500, and i am adding another $200 for him to do the roof screens over my pool. So, in about 2 weeks, I should be able to finally use my back porch again! Plus, today my neighbor who is a carpenter came over to see if I could retrieve data from a crashed hard drive for him. I could, and he is going to help me replace my front door and frame! Plus, he also tends to think that the wall I want to demo between the kitchen and living room is not load bearing. So, it looks like it should all come together like I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor