PAINT QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysons80elcamino

Apprentice
Mar 27, 2012
SO i know a guy that said he would spray the camino for 200 if i bought the paint and 400 if i had him.. is this a good deal
he has 26 yrs paint exp and i have seen many of his projects. he is going to paint and apply multiple clear coats...

what all would i need to buy if i was going to supply the paint

paint he said 1 gal
reducer how much
hardner how much
? is there anything else i would need.. thanks

ve3oky

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2012
Ontario Canada
honestly I would ask him those questions. Last thing ya want is him to run out or need something ya did not supply.

gp02a0083

Master Mechanic
May 17, 2011
usually with urethane systems, the paint is diluted by 20-50%, typically near 50%. So 1 gallon of paint = just about 2 gallons spray-able.

bigger question is are you going with a single stage paint , or a base coat / clear coat system. Cost difference is huge here

67rstbkt

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2010
Reno, Nevada
Sounds like he'll be using really cheap paint. A quality paint job would set you back much more than what he's charging. I would not expect much as far as quality and longevity at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor