Part number for the panel under the steering wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
When the thieves stole my car, they snatched the panel below the steering column. They sell the part on OPGI, but does anyone know the GM part number or another place that sells it. I've search for about 20 minutes and I didn't come up with anything.

1667867783192.png

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Assuming you have A/C....557370. They're all the same from 78-88. Olds only. Just different colors.

There's a slew of used ones on ebay.

Non-A/C cars use 558919.

GM calls it a "Filler"

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
What color do you need ?
Knowing you, mikester , you probably have a stash of Malibu/Monte covers. Or maybe you have a big stash of Olds covers. What do I know? The Chevies won't straight up swap to an Olds. I'm curious as to what may be different on the Chevy vs. Olds filler panels. It appears they're the same by just glancing at the pictures. But closer inspection has the vent hole is cut differently, as well as the length of the rounded part that hugs the bottom of the steering column is longer on the Chevy style.

With A/C-

78-88 Olds Cutlass uses p/n 557370
78-88 Monte Carlo uses p/n 459507
78-81 Malibu uses p/n 459507
82-87 GP uses 547856- no vent. Just a long cover plate.
82-88 Buick Regal p/n 1257352, then 25503014, then 25513679, and finally 25520634. It doesn't look like the others.

Didn't check, but figure the Elky's were the same 459507 if I were betting on it.

They may physically interchange between Chevy and Olds, but what looks different to me is the vent itself. It looks like the Olds version is extended out more than the Chevy version, and is a little different. Olds vent just rolls up and down and it's on when the A/C fan blows, while the Chevy version I'm guessing has a vent control lever or something on it. I'm not sure, but if you had the vent and attachment junk for either, you might can interchange them. But I'm not sure. Never did it. Didn't even research this before today.

Reactions: 1 user

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
Assuming you have A/C....557370. They're all the same from 78-88. Olds only. Just different colors.

There's a slew of used ones on ebay.

Non-A/C cars use 558919.

GM calls it a "Filler"

Thank you VERY MUCH!! Yes, I have A/C. The car is a Buick Regal.

What color do you need ?

Oxford but I don't know if it matters much since I'm going to paint all of the interior pieces.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Knowing you, mikester , you probably have a stash of Malibu/Monte covers. Or maybe you have a big stash of Olds covers. What do I know? The Chevies won't straight up swap to an Olds. I'm curious as to what may be different on the Chevy vs. Olds filler panels. It appears they're the same by just glancing at the pictures. But closer inspection has the vent hole is cut differently, as well as the length of the rounded part that hugs the bottom of the steering column is longer on the Chevy style.

With A/C-

78-88 Olds Cutlass uses p/n 557370
78-88 Monte Carlo uses p/n 459507
78-81 Malibu uses p/n 459507
82-87 GP uses 547856- no vent. Just a long cover plate.
82-88 Buick Regal p/n 1257352, then 25503014, then 25513679, and finally 25520634. It doesn't look like the others.

Didn't check, but figure the Elky's were the same 459507 if I were betting on it.

They may physically interchange between Chevy and Olds, but what looks different to me is the vent itself. It looks like the Olds version is extended out more than the Chevy version, and is a little different. Olds vent just rolls up and down and it's on when the A/C fan blows, while the Chevy version I'm guessing has a vent control lever or something on it. I'm not sure, but if you had the vent and attachment junk for either, you might can interchange them. But I'm not sure. Never did it. Didn't even research this before today.
Actually I dont have any of these but the yard I deal with has a couple of Cutlasses out in the back that Ive picked parts off of for a couple of other guys on the site. I know one has a red interior, a pretty hammered wagon had a tan and a sedan has a blue but I dont know if this piece is still in any of them. Theres also a Regal with a medium gray interior but I havent been out there in a few months so I dont know if folks have been taking stuff.
I never had a ton of extra parts. Just a few pieces that I picked up here and there because they were better than what I had originally. LOL

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Thank you VERY MUCH!! Yes, I have A/C. The car is a Buick Regal.

Oxford but I don't know if it matters much since I'm going to paint all of the interior pieces.
What color is Oxford ? There is a black Regal in a yard I go to. Not sure if that piece is still there though. Medium gray interior. I might be able to get out there before the end of the week.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I've got some of these in a box in the overflow storage. Sure, it's kind of blocked right now with some spare junk and I just tossed an extra fridge, tractor cart, and couch in the way for some remodel, but depending how quick you need it I can probably fish one out. Wouldn't be the color you refer to as Oxford though. Probably going to be medium blue or that later maroon would be easiest to find, assuming I can get to it quick.

It would be more complete than those though with the chromed wheel that directs the vent airflow and such still attached

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
I think what I need is shown below. The more I look into it, the more lost I am. I need to go see a Regal that has the parts so I can understand what I'm missing.

1668004794745.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor