Passing Emissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicora Hillbilly

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 20, 2019
There's always classic/antique registration. Just look into your state's regs on useage with that registration.
I live in Pa. and we have some pretty restrictive vehicle laws also. You can however get an antique plate much easier now and that eliminates all the dumb restrictions and inspections here.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Hey there pagrunt has the answer.I was able to avoid all emmission testing in Arizona by Insuring my 84 Calais as a classic with Haggerty. [No annual driving limits on my policy] . I had to show the Proof of Classic Insurance when registering it in 2019. I would be that NM has a similar law. Then you can use a pre EST Distributor [ I bought an 1980 Delco Re-man from Rock Auto for $100.00], any Carb Intake combo, [Ditch the Feedback Carb!! ] and true duals with headers and no Cat required.
I can assure you that if you can register it as I suggest you will Save a lot of $$$, Time, and frustration trying to performance tune an 85 CCC controlled engine. Not to mention the Fun of trying your own combos of performance Parts .
Good Luck: Doc

Or just get a 87 or 88 ECM and a ZZ4 PROM chip for much less than a carb and dist swap. Even just a pre 1987, L69 PROM would be a decent upgrade. The CCC system is good to 400 HP.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor