People at car shows are so bias towards my 5th gen El Camino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
It is getting better though, when i first bought my malibu 9 years ago it was frowned upon if I went to a show with it, if they would even let me in. However I have the problem of two extra doors attached to my car so that didn't help either. Countless times I used to get asked "why are you wasting your time building a 4dr?" the others asked "why is that even here?" or "why are you wasting your money on an olds engine?" Way to welcome an 18 year old into the world of classic cars!!!! my most common response was "well , I used what I could afford, the 4dr is in good shape, the engine ran well, and I built my car myself, did you?" I pissed off quite a few people with this response you all know the type. There were a select few who saw what I was trying to accomplish, of course they were the ones who do (or did at one point or another) build their own and saw my car as a good start. Now that G-body cars have a few more years under them I hear a lot less b.s. and here in cny the g-body malibu wagon has become quite popular, I see a lot more coming out of the woodwork, so respect is slowly increasing. I also hear a lot less of the 4dr comments as well, it does still happen though. :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor