Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I am thinking of getting a personalized plate and would like you guys to help me decide what to get I am leaning towards SSHAKER, but thought it may be kind of cheesy Can be kind of a dual meaning with the hood and being a "ground shaker" (not that its a powerhouse by any means)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
when you do get your plates check with your insurance company. Your premium for theft insurance is normally reduced with personalized plates since the vehicle is more easily identified.

On the other side of the coin next time your evading the cops they have an easier time identifying the plates too... :lol:

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Interesting note on the insurance - I wouldn't have thought of that. Kind of silly though as people aren't likely to keep the same plates on a stolen car, but hey - a discount is a discount. I doubt my company would give anything though as I already have classic insurance and only pay $200/yr.

As for the cops - even though the car isn't flashy, there aren't many around my area so its easy to spot anyways. They like to pick on me in that car for whatever reason, even if I am driving 10km/h over (6.25mph), yet in the Saturn I have often driven right by cops (unintentionally of course!) doing 20 over without them flinching.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I had a 71 firebird formula 400 years ago and I was always hounded by the cops....the car wasn't as fast as it looked though. I got rid of it for a 74 GP which I built up with a nicely cammed 400 and headers and a few other goodies...I got clocked once at 143 mph but the cop didn't bother trying to catch me...I worked at a club and he paid me a visit that nite but since he didn't know who was driving couldn't give me a ticket. Other than I never really got bothered with the 74 GP. I was just a nice looking car. :lol:

87GP

Greasemonkey
Jul 15, 2006
Do you know if any of those plates are available? In NY we can go to the dmv website and enter personalized #'s and it will say if it is available.

87GP

Greasemonkey
Jul 15, 2006
How many letters/#'s can you do? Here in NY we can do 8 on a regular plate and 5 on a nascar plate.

Other choices could be ....

85 MONTE

MONTE SS

85 MC SS

Some other ideas w/o mentioning the car itself....

55 LOL ( or whatever your speed limit is)

55 HA HA

55 YA OK

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
Kevin looks like its a SSHAKER. It sounds good and would suit your car.

GIT ER DUN

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
We also have 8 digits/spaces available. The ones listed are all available - I checked in with them a week or so back. Of the dozen or so I had only two were taken and they were 85MCSS and 85 MC SS. Other than that everything was up for grabs oddly enough. I am pretty surprised 1985 SS and some of the others are still open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor