Pics of your door speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurdFergueson2

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 17, 2008
Chicago
I'm looking to do 2 sets of 6.5 mids on the doors of my 85 Monte. As you guys know, they originally had the 2 speakers in the dash and 2 in the rear. I'm sure someone on here has modded their doors. If you guys have pics I'd love to see them to get some ideas.

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
My Regal's door metal was designed to hold speakers but I've found that aftermarket speakers tend to have bigger magnets for the same cone size so I had to carve out part of an aftermarket dust cover to fit over them.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
I'm thinking of making my own, but am not sure how to do it. I'm surely not going to pay 2-300 for a whole door panel. I need to come up with a mock up with some type of easily shaped material, then fiberglass over it. any ideas?

come on guys...pics??? I have yet to see a big, clear pic of a custom door panel with speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor