Pictures of your shifters

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotmonte

Apprentice
May 24, 2009
Guys. Can you please post up pictures of your shifters and how they sit in your console. I have a 700R4 and I am having a heck of a time finding a good looking shifter that has the shifter cable coming out of the front and not rear exited.

So, post up pictures of your setups. Time to picture wh*re lol. Also, specs of what you have/did to get the shifter to work. Which trans it is hooked up too would be a huge help

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Here's a couple pics. transmission is a 700r4. Console and shifter are from an 86' Z28. The shifter handle is out of an 89' Prelude. Basically just bolted the shifter to the floor, and made my own hole for the cable(front exit). Then just trimmed and bolted down the console too. Sounds easier than it was, but it wasn't really all that hard.
100_0363.jpg

100_0365.jpg

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
this is what came with my elky and its th350
l_b448a68f0d48e6815d94ea1e613ecef3.jpg

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Had a similar issue, couldn't find one that functioned and looked the way I wanted so I took parts from a couple of my favorites and made one to suit my tastes. Haven't finished my console yet though.
wheel2.jpg

Cross between a mid 70's Oldsmobile shifter and a Hurst Quarter Stick.
Hooked to a th350, but I made it possible to add another gate if needed down the road :lol: .

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
I got a fiberglass console that covers my B&M Megashifter, front exiting cable (I think most after market shifters are made for front exiting cables?). Still have to finish the fiberglassing in the console though.

Here is the mockup pic:

6024910153_large.jpg

gotmonte

Apprentice
May 24, 2009
Thanks everyone. Wow, some pretty inovative stuff going on in this thread. Keep 'em coming!

As for the question of most aftermarket shifters coming in front exiting cables.. Nope. Most are rear exiting. I tried and tried and tried searching all shifters. Even called B&M directly. Most are rear, but you can find some that are front. You just have to becareful when you are ordering that, that is an option. Otherwise you end up like me. Really cool shifter, cant make it work. My crossmember makes rear exiting impossible with the console. If I keep the console out (looks like royal *ss due to the carpet being torn up under the console from some shoddy work in the past) you can make it work. Just not worth it. I need the console in for now. :(

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
modified '90's Grand Am console with Hurst V-Matic II shifter.

MVC-470S.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor