poor monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

86montecl

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2009
warren MI
well work up today an walked out to my monte found the lock laying on the ground. steering column smashed the door panel pulled out. only thing that saved it was the kill switch. this it th second time this happend its the worst feeling ever at least i still have the car. i will post some pics later :blam:

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
damn,you're lucky.Hey at least you have your g body still with you,with war scars then having it completely taken.I may look into getting a kill switch someday,they seem to pay for itself and the whole car

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
That's ****in super shitty dude, but at least they didn't get the car...

My 442 was stolen before I bought it... luckily the thermostat was sticking, and it over heated and vapor locked, and they just left it.
The owner got it back a couple months later and I bought it.
There's still a hole in my passenger door next to the lock cylinder... which is stupid, cause you can get in through the cracks in the weather stripping with a coat hanger in about 10 seconds... :roll:

86montecl

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2009
warren MI
i think the kill switch was the best thing ive ever bought for it. im buying a viper 2 way alarm for it on sat. can i put any g body steering column it :?:

86montecl

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 11, 2009
warren MI
http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv187/kota97/****ers1.jpg z http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv187/kota97/****ers2.jpg

Blue86Monte

Master Mechanic
Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis, Mo
I feel for ya man. Guy tried to break into my '86 but had the battery out to start the tractor :D Must be destiny that I have this car!
Maybe try looking into a steel collar?

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Looks like a real amature job, like mentioned before it only takes a few seconds to pop the door lock without the damage to the door panel or lock.
Also the collumn looks like it was broke on the wrong side to start the car. Just need to remove the ign cylinder.

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
It was broken on the right side to steal it, good thing you had that switch, also i would get the big *ss red column lock so they will just walk by instead of busting into it, the deterent factor just isn't there on a kill switch.

Speedzter

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2009
NY
OMG!! That really sucks!! I had an '87 300zx that these bastahd kids broke into...couldn't get out the stereo, because I bolt them down!! Turns out they broke into a bunch of other cars...cops caught them, but denied breaking my window and putting pry marks on the dash. I'd like to put a pry mark...
Anywho...I leave the doors unlocked...it's smashed, crashed and rashed...battery is dead...No one wants to steal it...LOL
Where are these collars you speak of?
Sorry to hear about it Monte...Hope you get it squared away... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor