possible trade monte for monte *pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
the car gives me bad memories from when the throttle got stuck, i know its not gonna happen again because i fixed it but id like another g-body...looking for a change i guess

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
I hear ya. Do you have other transportation? Might be better just to outright sell it and save for something much nicer than what you have been looking at. I would hate to see you trade for it and end up with a project that keeps you broke and pissed off.

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
nope haha my job is in walking distance and so is my school so it wouldnt be a problem, it just sucks because the interior is so nice that i dont wnnna let it go but i hate getting in the car and thinking about that day (not to sound like a wimp) a while ago i was thinking about keeping it looking like this and just swap a sick engine and transmission into it

jmt455

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
SE Michigan
In my experience, a project like the CT car is never as simple as you think it will be.

Look at it this way...
Your car runs well and needs some cosmetic repair. The other car is a total unknown. I find it hard to believe that a NE, T-top car could possibly be "rust-free".

I'd keep the oreo, sign up for a community college course in auto body repair and fix it as a class project. You'll learn skills that will serve you in the future and you'll be proud to say you fixed it yourself.

Who knows, you might even meet a sweet car-lover in class... :D

Just my $.02

Blake B

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2011
KS
i don't understand stepping back for the same car. i understand your bad expirence with your car, but buying a new car is never that simple. especially a ttop car in that area w/o rust?? :shock:

i would second guess that. also, take into account why he wants to trade. obviously your car runs but he seems to be getting the better deal. its definately something to sleep on but i would inspect that car thoroughly- floors, frame, t-tops, a/c, transmission, all of it. take flashlight and someone with you, if you can someone that knows more about cars than you.

if its really the best deal possible, jump on it. just make sure its not the best deal right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor