possible trade monte for monte *pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
ok so my 84SS runs great but just needs dents removed and to repainted it bec the front is black and the back is white lol
this guy wants to trade me a 88 MCSS pplus cash...its white/maroon interior, it has no motor but it has a 700r4 transmission, i wanna ccheck the car out but its in CT. has T-tops, power everything and no rust/rot or leaks, iill post pics of both cars later tonight but is could it be a good deal?

Edit: his monte
vg4oi0.jpg

e5pkic.jpg

35aiwe1.jpg

my monte (i fixed the hood latch so now its all flush)
2ldzzlw.jpg

29n8mq0.jpg

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Re: possible trade monte for monte

How much cash is he gonna throw down? Honestly I wouldnt do it since yours is running good why change? A few dents and paint isnt worth changing cars IMO.

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York

theyre pretty big dents, idk the amount yet but maaco said for them to do everything it would be 2200, if i trade it for that roller and i get some cash i can get a 350 and put it in for little money...the insurance would be cheaper and id have a faster, nicer lookng car, plus while im saving my money by walking to work and school it would add up really quick

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio

I understand your thinking but it would have to be in GREAT shape or he would have to throw in some decent money for me to trade a driveable car for a roller. He may SAY its clean and rust free but I wouldnt agree on anything until I seen it and inspected it in person. Idk to me it just seems like a step back for a few "upgrades". Cant wait to see pics tho :mrgreen:

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York

haha yea i mean it looks straight but i wanna go see it next weekend, i was also thinking about keeping mine looking like an oreo and just take it off the road til the spring and just install a monster 350 in it but the ladies dont like ugly cars lmao :lol:

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio

1984-monte-carlo-ss said:
haha yea i mean it looks straight but i wanna go see it next weekend, i was also thinking about keeping mine looking like an oreo and just take it off the road til the spring and just install a monster 350 in it but the ladies dont like ugly cars lmao :lol:
Just get the black pieces painted to match the rest of the car and worry about the dents that are on the white later. Thats what I would do anyway. Oh and I never had problems with ladies when my car was ugly as ****, my car was rattle can flat black and rusted off exhaust but i still won "Best Car" my senior year :mrgreen:

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
If is cleaner and straiter I say trade. It's just a motor and some basics.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
Is there some other reason you want to get rid of your car so bad? All these threads about trading or selling your car and the only reason is a few dents? That is cool, I was just wondering. I as well wouldn't trade your running, reliable, car for that roller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor