Possible Transmission Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayoutthere007

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2022
So, fun fact on my setup, I have a TV cable setup from Bowtie Overdrives. The way the cam works, the carb side has a notch for the cable to ride in as the throttle motion rotates it. Well, in my case, the alignment was slightly off and the edges of the notch were sharp, so over time it wore through and caused mine to snap. I sent a note to Bowtie Overdrives and let them know and maybe they could round the notch off so that wouldn't happen to others. They never changed the design and simply to told me to be sure to line it up. I used a file to angle the notch. Not the best customer service in my opinion.

TVcam.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
For as much as BTO is charging for their products... they better treat their customers with the best of respects.

Its like BOWLER PERFORMANCE for 700r4/2004r owners... their products looks spot on too, but for the money they charge, i simply cant bare it as well.

I decided to go with the holley geometry and throttle/tv cable brackets... it was the MUCH cheaper route, but i have no issues whatsoever, and if things didnt go right, i'd blame it on human error(me).

Crap service is reserved for cheaply made products that are sold to the public and the company selling it couldnt give a rats patooty about their reputation, just in it for the money... but like the old saying goes, "you get what you pay for".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor