Posting some more pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedkills80

Master Mechanic
Apr 11, 2010
Omaha NE
When we made these we had enough material to make 4 of them. I can also powder coat them any color you'd like. If you want gloss, or satin black I can do them for $40 ea. If you want a color we have to order, then it would run you $55 per crossmember. We are gonna make some more this summer.

bigjoenvegas

Master Mechanic
Dec 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
speedkills80 said:
One issue I had was with my washer fluid tank -- it's yellow. Eww. :puke: I tried to sand it down, hoping to make it white again, but no go. I think I'm just gonna dye it black instead of getting a new one, since I have the black dye coming for other stuff anyways.
Did you try to use bleach white?

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
454muscle said:
One issue I had was with my washer fluid tank -- it's yellow. Eww. :puke: I tried to sand it down, hoping to make it white again, but no go. I think I'm just gonna dye it black instead of getting a new one, since I have the black dye coming for other stuff anyways.

a friend of mine restoring a 3rd gen Z28 (I know... but we can forgive him... we've all been there at one point or another) used a neat trick to clean his. He had it dipped in a hot tank where motors are cleaned. He said he had to do it quickly, because the acid would eat the plastic really quick, but it came out looking brand-spankin-new!

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
speedkills80 said:
When we made these we had enough material to make 4 of them...I have sold the other 3. I sold each one for $125 plus the ride. I can also powder coat them any color you'd like. If you want gloss, or satin black I can do them for $40 ea. If you want a color we have to order, then it would run you $55 per crossmember. We are gonna make some more this summer.

would you ship to Ottawa, Canada, for a decent price? Satin black?
ha ha... can you give me a quote?

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Be careful selling that design...you'll get threatened by lawsuits from G-force....

I have a T-56 crossmember in my '87 that was made by 'Iceman' on www.maliburacing.com. It looks pretty similar to the G-force design. I know not long after I bought mine, he was forced to change his design because G-force got all bent out of shape about it.

I think the real problem is that he was selling his for $50-$60 less than they were.

speedkills80

Master Mechanic
Apr 11, 2010
Omaha NE
It's actually quite a bit different then theirs....It has a two hole design for the transmission mount and the tubing is different and so are the angles!!

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Do you have part numbers and a price? And are they for earlier G-bodies or the ones with the raised parts on the inner fender?

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
speedkills80 said:
You know you can still buy those overflow and washer fluid bottles from GM. They are reasonably priced!
Yeah, I know lol. Just that I have no monies at all right now. Trying to get her on the road and do what I can without spending any more.

speedkills80

Master Mechanic
Apr 11, 2010
Omaha NE
The ones that are on my car are brand new from GM. I ordered them for an 80 Malibu and he said they were both still available!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor