powder coating rims

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Why don't you attempt to polish them then, I have done a few sets where I had to sand them down to remove blemishes and nicks but brought them back to like new condition.
It is time consuming and can be messy, I cover myself head to toe when polishing.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Thanks could do .Just don't know what I am doing and no place to do it at - 20 outside and a foot of snow and do not want to screw up these rims but polishing then does keep them original good point But I would get a pro to do it I am great at ripping apart stuff but putting back together is a whole different story

1STLATIGERDIVISON

Greasemonkey
Nov 6, 2016
NW Louiwiana
It's really not I spent 100 bucks for 3 small parts for my old 50 Buick Roadmaster

Then again for spark plug wire cover plate that fits the old straight 8 320 cid engine

But I suppose matter of opinion now as far as the bubbles if the rims had oil at that exact place as SSN696 spoke of [{(SS337)}] the coating will bubble. U shouldn't have had to do anything to rims another reason is the rims were over heated & like paint get it to hot will bubble.

If they were mine those folks would re do the work that's just P-poor work

Again my opinion

Was at SBPH 3 yrs

Thanks for reading

Gary

awdblazer

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2013
you have to watch with tire coatings as well
i had a set of rims powder coated at winnipeg wheel years ago and they did funny things with whatever the previous owner coated their tires with
winnipeg wheel was great
they fixed up some curb rash for me (welded the lip and ran it on a lathe) and powder coated the rims without charging me for the welding

1STLATIGERDIVISON

Greasemonkey
Nov 6, 2016
NW Louiwiana
That was great to get that sorta assistance what gets me & I realize the EPA here screws with people somewhat is cost of chroming with our current president he is one of those globable warming people so he allows the EPA to run rampid! It's beyond some of us budgets to get it done. So far as I no powder coating isn't to much under the thumb of the EPA who does have their uses lol.

Jeff Blagden

Master Mechanic
Aug 12, 2016
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
you have to watch with tire coatings as well
i had a set of rims powder coated at winnipeg wheel years ago and they did funny things with whatever the previous owner coated their tires with
winnipeg wheel was great
they fixed up some curb rash for me (welded the lip and ran it on a lathe) and powder coated the rims without charging me for the welding
thanks it is Winnipeg Wheel I am dealing with Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor