Power antenna Woes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
As im sure most people who have a gbody of some kind and have the power antenna option have experienced the scenario of it not working. I replaced mine a few years ago with a NOS one, when mine stopped working (due im sure, to the cord breaking inside it ) Well....................it think it happened again, My question and dilemma is. does first off anybody have a working one for sale? if so, how much? and where you located? Secondly, due to it being very, very difficult to remove and replace without some sort of issues, has anybody done away with this option (power antenna) and gone to just a standard antenna? if so, what did it come off of and does anybody have one of those for sale also? Any info, greatly appreicated! Im not really wanting to continue to deal with this issue as a problem that will likely in time, happen again. thoughts? thanks in advance.

I am not sure if a Monte Carlo windshield would work. On my 78 and 79 the antenna is built into the windshield.

i have no interest in replacing my windshield for an antenna, but thanks for the suggestion.

images.jpg

On my Monte I welded the hole shut where the non functioning power antenna used to be and installed a 12 volt electronic amplified hidden antenna that you mount at the top of the windshield. I have one similar to the one pictured and have had it for 10+ years and works well.
I will be doing this to my Regal also even though the power antenna works but I am sure it will quit at some inconvenient time later on.

Reactions: pontiacgp
I did the same thing as 565bbchevy, I have xm so I don't use am/fm very often and the car antenna in the post above works pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor