Power Mirror Wiring

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Swap C for D on the motor connector, that should make it do the opposite of what it is doing now.

This got me one step closer, but it only worked with the RH mirror. When I swapped those same two wires on the LH side, all the functions on that mirror were reversed again. The RH mirror is now functioning 100% correctly though!

So I restored the LH mirror C and D wires back to their original positions, and tested again to ensure it still worked as before. Yep, all good, left and right movements restored, and still the up and down functions reversed. So I then swapped terminals A with B and tested once more.

SUCCESS!!!

Both mirrors, and all functions now operating correctly in all the proper directions! Immense thanks and gratitude to ELCAM pagrunt 88AZSS and UC645 for all your help, suggestions and advice. I cannot thank you guys enough for helping me get this figured out.

This is the final configuration of the mirror terminals in each mirror plug, their corresponding wire color in the harness, and the switch terminals, colors, functions, and its corresponding wire colors to the harness:

IMG_4340.jpeg

Posting this not just for resolution, posterity and a written record, but also to help ANYONE that might come up against this with their own projects. Camaro, Monte SS, Corvette, Fiero, Firebird or otherwise.

Issue officially resolved. Thanks guys.

Reactions: 7 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Well, if Olds would have went through with the wedge mirror change in 1986, all this might have been avoided if there were power versions on the top teir packages.

THAT post string above about the mirrors should be condensed into a STICKY!!! Glad you figured it out.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor