power steering fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: My repaired high pressure PS line did not work and I'm back to fluid all over again. This is starting to really bother me.
IBBY

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Why did you repair it? Why not replace it with a new one? Year, model, engine, etc. ??? I can't remember everyone's rides.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
86 T-type was it? (sifted through some older posts)

Probably GM p/n 7849858 for the turbo 3.8. Discontinued, hard to find. However, Gates has a 361340 that's the aftermarket replacement.

Rockauto sells the same thing for half the price. But there's shipping so...

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Find some cheerleaders holding a fundraiser, pop the hood and hand them a bottle of dawn out the window.

Done.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
86 T-type was it? (sifted through some older posts)

Probably GM p/n 7849858 for the turbo 3.8. Discontinued, hard to find. However, Gates has a 361340 that's the aftermarket replacement.

Rockauto sells the same thing for half the price. But there's shipping so...

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello: I wish it was that easy. The HB is not stock and the kit I bought the vender said that it was made for there kit. It's custom and that's why I tried to fix it. I might just get a rubber hose made up without the bent tubes. I'm getting sick of this crap... Buicks came stock with a HB in 84-85 so maybe that would work. Thanks for looking.
IBBY

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
hello: I wish it was that easy. The HB is not stock and the kit I bought the vender said that it was made for there kit. It's custom and that's why I tried to fix it. I might just get a rubber hose made up without the bent tubes. I'm getting sick of this crap... Buicks came stock with a HB in 84-85 so maybe that would work. Thanks for looking.
IBBY
Vendor not willing to sell a replacement or just not at a reasonable price?

It's getting harder with mom and pops going out of business, but, I know in some smaller towns around there are still businesses that all they do is make hoses to order. Sometimes they need the old one and make or reuse some metal ends off what you give them with measurements, but, you know it's done right and they guarantee it to hold the various pressures and heats you tell them it needs spec'd to.

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello: Vendor does not make the hose. He gathers the parts to make the kit. He's telling me that the hose maker needs a quantity to make em not just one. He did say he'll jet me know. So I'm on hold with him.
IBBYU

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Why not try a local hydraulic hose place and see if they can make you one.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor