power steering fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I probably wouldn't want another piece of crap like that if it's just going to leak. Vote to go to a local hydraulic hose shop. Bring your entire end to end fugged up hose in with you. They know what to do.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
Check you local NAPA. The one by me makes hoses. You will need the old one as an example.

Reactions: 1 user

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: I ordered one that's for a 85GN that's suppose to work. Wish me luck..
IBBY

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: That hose from a 85GN could work but it'll rake too much tweaking to make it work. I'm still on the hunt...
IBBY

cbar.tx

n00b
May 29, 2016
hey I had the same issue with the aftermarket hb kit I bought from kirbans. i was ready to give up on the nightmare bc I had taken it apart and put back together so many times to try and fix the slow leak coming from my ps pump pressure fitting and spattering up my engine bay. Originally. I used the line that came with the kit. That didn't work, so I tried the stock line for the 85 turbo buick. Didn't work either . . . or so I thought. I found out that the AC compressor was pushing on the line so I had to bend it just a little to clear. I also replaced the fitting that goes into the pump, where the pressure line goes. I used the stock pressure fitting available at Detroit Speed. My rookie *ss finally got it to seal this time lol. Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor