Power steering pulley

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPNX

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2016
I installed the dorman 300-201 power steering pump pulley. Has anyone used this pulley. Its plastic just wondering if it holds up heard of some of them shattering. Also if someone has used it what serpentine belt would I need. I am using the truck accessories and stock brackets. The truck belt is too big.

Montague

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 27, 2016
I have a "plastic" pulley on my setup. My ps pulley is off a TBSS. Factory GM part. Granted I'm using corvette accessories as I wanted a better setup.

I've had this motor north of 7k rpm an exorbitant amount of times with no issues.

Reactions: 1 user

GPNX

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2016
We will see how long this plastic pulley holds up when I get this thing running. I have my doubts on it

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
I have a "plastic" pulley on my setup. My ps pulley is off a TBSS. Factory GM part. Granted I'm using corvette accessories as I wanted a better setup.

I've had this motor north of 7k rpm an exorbitant amount of times with no issues.

Montage, I’m going the same route (vette serpentine setup) and from Holleys instructions it says vette power steering pump pulley is too large and needs to be changed. The ribs all line up fine with the Trailblazer SS pulley? And the diameter clears the steering box? I’m looking at going this route.

Montague

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 27, 2016
The real vette accessory drive has plenty if clearance for the ps pump to clear.
Nook and transmission has the whole setup much cheaper than anyone else.

I don't remember if it's on ls1 tech or Monte Carlo SS forums but I have pics posted showing the clearance.

My stepdaughter inherited the Monte so I've been playing in F body land for the last few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor