Power steering pump pully assy

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That was brought up. How would one hold the smooth shaft while tapping though. A 8.1 tap threaded in but a 8.1 bolt dropped right to the bottom missing all the threads. This is getting to me. Can I drive without the belt on the pump?

I think you should bring it in to someone qualified to fix it or get rid of that pump and get another one

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you have to screw the bolt in to remove the pulley so you probably damaged the threads removing the pulley

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

fuccillo111

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 12, 2015
I'm convinced the threads are an oddball size as I've tried every tap known to man as well as trips to the hardware store for bolts. If I buy a remanned pump for
you have to screw the bolt in to remove the pulley so you probably damaged the threads removing the pulley
Going from olds to SBC I had to buy new chrome brackets to adapt the pump to the block. I hope I can get a reman and still retain those brackets.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
these Saginaw pumps have been used for decades so I would think the threads are damaged and not oddball. There is one kit that fits all to remove and install the pulley on this style of Saginaw pump.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

fuccillo111

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 12, 2015
these Saginaw pumps have been used for decades so I would think the threads are damaged and not oddball. There is one kit that fits all to remove and install the pulley on this style of Saginaw pump.
Pontiacgp you were right, I think. The treads must've been shot. I bought a remaned pump and the kit worked great. Thanks for the input.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor