power window and lock?need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodydude

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2008
can i use the power window and lock switches from a s-10 on my monte? and can i use the outside door handle also?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I think it depends on the year of the S-10 in question. Basically, GM used a few switches and spread them out over multiple models and housings. So, the lock switch interchanges as long as it is the toggle switch kind and not the push button. The same should apply to the window switches as well, but you may have to change the actual toggles and trim plate to match your car, depending on what comes on your car and what comes on an S-10. As for the door handles, I think you will have to measure them. GM used a few different door handles during this time. The lift up style is available in two different handle widths and you need to see which one the donor has. If I were you, I would just try to get the handles off the rear doors of a 4 door G body or other model using these handles. The rears tend to have far less wear, and can usually be interchanged. This is true of the outside handles, I am not sure about the inside ones. However, Dorman makes an aftermarket replacement handle for these cars sold in the "Help!" line.

gbodydude

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2008
thanks,i'am just on a tight budget.and i'am just trying to find what interchanges.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
If you are on a tight budget, there is no need to replace the lock switches. Just take them apart and clean the contacts with sand paper, then bend the contacts slightly for more engagement with a pair of needle nose pliers. This is what I did to mine and they came out great. I even polished up the chrome with a little swirl mark remover. I also repainted the lettering with a paint marker and wiped off the excess with a paper towel to make them look like new again. I had 4 of them, and none of them would work. Every one I took apart I was able to fix. Ultimately, I used the best pieces from them to make a set of switches that are now in my car and work fine. What are your windows and locks doing or not doing? I just went through my systems in the last month and may be able to give you some help in getting this done cheaply.

gbodydude

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2008
they are missing.

gbodydude

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2008
i had some good luck,i met a guy that is parting out a monte ss.he has every thing that i need,but now i need more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor