Power window swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
Has anyone ever swapped power windows into a non-power car? What all needs to be changed, besides the door panels?

You'd think a Limited would have power windows but nooooooo. :roll:

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
I would try to pull out all the mechanisms along with the wiring out of the junkyard taking pics if possible so you know how eveything goes back together. I know we have done those universal kits on some Jeep Wranglers at my work but i didn't like the switches and i don't k now if they would work on older cars. Hopefully it isn't a pain. Let us know how it works out cuz a buddy wants me to do it to his monte.

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
i want to do the opposite and get rid of my power windows.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
Jman said:

Why in the hell would you want to do that? :?

BrownGP83

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2008
Chamberlain,South Dakota
SLICK79WGN said:
Jman said:

Why in the hell would you want to do that? :?
Less weight, less things to go wrong

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
I understand the less things to go wrong, but the less weight thing I mean come on what are you saving 2- 3 pounds to each his own but I would prefer power anyday of the week over manuel

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
my 10month old nephew cound manually wind up my widows faster the the power switch puts them up. lol, slow as a snail. plus i added alot of other electronics so i need to cut back on draw, as well as get a bigger alt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor