President

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll drink to that!!

KrisW said:
I have heard him say MANY times, including at one of the debates, that he would like to eliminate the FBI. His rationale is that it will allow the states to police themselves and further get the federal government out of our lives.

That may be true on the surface, but putting ideas like that into practice more often end in dismal failure than actually helping people.

NO GLENN BECK BASHING! Now, there's someone who really tells it like it is. There is no politician in him at all. Certainly not demagoguery... I think he was upset because Ron Paul has been dodging a few questions, like "What about all the pork that you've brought back to your district while campaigning against wasteful government spending?"

As a veteran and a true believer that the United States of America is the "shining city on a hill," that someone great spoke of, I am deeply offended when Mr. Paul goes into a rant about how 9/11 is our fault because of how many troops we have in how many countries. I'm also tired of his liberal wacko speeches about neocons. Get a grip. I tried to be nice before, but this is how it is; he is better than ANY democrat I have seen. That's all I can say about him that's good.

If it comes to bare knuckles and back rooms, then so be it. If they want it to be us or them then I'm fighting for us.

End of story.

Wow that's quite a different tune from the previous post - sounds like you did some digging!

I would like to see the proof that R. Paul says that he would personally like to abolish the FBI, and by proof, I mean a video clip of him saying it. I have not heard him say that once.

And he has not said once that 9/11 was our fault, that is a cheap response. He states it to be blowback from our on-again/off-again foreign policy, first having an alliance with Osama and Saddam in the 80's and then bombing and occupying muslim lands as we do currently.

Out of respect for this board, I don't want to start political arguements - but I think civil debates can be had.

Personally I admire Ron Paul for his courage, principals, intelligence and integrity. He's a champion of the constitution for peace, liberty and freedom, what the founding fathers invisioned this great country to be.

Kris, if you are leaning for someone, let us know who - if it's Romney, why? Sorry Glen Beck's not running.. lol :lol:

they're all a bunch of lying scumbags.

KrisW said:
Full disclosure report: I am supporting Mitt Romney...

That was in my first post...

I can be civil; don't worry about that. I only get nasty when my life is on the line.

You can youtube search that comment about the FBI. It was on Meet the Press last Sunday and it was on one of the Republican debates, I watched them all but I can't remember which one it was. He said it, plain as day.

I'm not gonna search the web to find things to beat up Ron Paul over; enough is out there as it is. I heard the pork report about him on the Neal Boortz show, and they listed what bills and what not that he supported; it was good enough evidence for me.

The reason I am supporting Mitt is because I want someone who has the ability to actually say something, and THEN DO IT! He has run a state government successfully, so he knows what being a chief executive is all about in the corrupted stinking government. The bonus is that he has successfully run many civilian business ventures which means he actually can run things to a profitable end. Wouldn't it be nice if our executives can do that?

There's an old saying that every senator looks in the mirror and sees a president staring back. The presidency is a romantic idea for those people but they don't have the slightest clue about actually being in charge of anything or making life and death decisions that you have to live with. You can't hide in committee or blame the opposing party.

He can do that. I'm voting for him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vk6BtjNbXew

There's Ron Paul on the FBI. He said he wouldn't abolish it.

And here he is on better intelligence:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cJSMuekJ9BY&feature=related

If you have some time, here's his take on the 'Federal Reserve'
http://youtube.com/watch?v=A4kxTkhwR_Q&feature=related

On our currency
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ji_G0MqAqq8

There are so many things that go on within our government that are unconstitutional it's not even funny. Finally someone's bringing alot of this to light - I think it's about time.

This country is in some serious debt, and more so now the new 555 billion spending bill just signed. I hope whoever gets in, that this is something taken care of soon before we fold like a house of cards.

That's really why I like the business man aspect; someone who knows what a budget means!

Mitt left Massachusetts with a surplus (now in democrat deficit land) and that also gives me hope.

I like his English immersion program, too...

I didn't want to do this, but I can't take those youtube links.

This is why you don't want to vote for Ron Paul.

Start with the pork and then work way into the good stuff.

http://ronpaulexposed.com/

He may be a nice guy, he may even be a good guy, but he's not good material for the presidency.

didn't have time to finish the video but here are a couple of flaws in his fed reserve and inflation theories; we have a federal reserve for the same reason we are not on the gold standard, there isn't enough gold. if you took all the gold in the world and put in fort knox it wouldn't add up to the amount of american currency (partially because american currency is mostly theoretical--credit cards and the like). the reserve is a bank--they have to be to sell bonds to americans and the rest of the world. they also make loans to other countries and gather interest. unfortunately the gov't has a habit of forgiving those loans-theres half our debt.
inflation--yes printing more money AS A STOP GAP creates inflation- post WW! germany. inflation is a natural phenomenon, the only way to get rid of it is a major depression (this is always followed by a boom). inflation comes from recession--i'm not making as much profit so i'll charge more. inflation also comes from a healthy economy--you know everyone is making more money so you charge more.
if he shuts down the CIA we're screwed--it's been done before and we get screwed every time. we need to stop counting on satellites so much and use people.

I also disagree with immediate withdrawal from Iraq. Yes, it's a cluster F--- of a situation. Yes, it was not handled right and Bush was a little too idealistic in his expectations of outcome (to put it mildly). However, if we leave immediately, we will just give more ammunition to hate us by those who now believe in us over there. We will be seen as weak and unable to fulfill our promises and no one in that world will be willing to trust us again when we come with promises of help and/or liberation.

Those who think the problems the US has with the Islamic world right now are due to purely economic reasons fail to understand their history and the theology of the fringe elements of Islam. They may have economic reasons to dislike us, but those pale in comparison to the "By sword or by flame" teachings on conversion contained in the Koran and Hadith. This basically means it is their duty to either trigger a pure spiritual conversion or to force those who do not do so willingly to convert by force. Their hatred of us is as much about our free and open society as it is about anything else and many see it is their God-given duty to turn our land into an Islamic republic. The whole reason for the Madrid train bombing a few years ago was a military attack to try and re-conquer Spain for Islam. Spain was once ruled by the Islamic Moors and the Koran states that no country that converts can ever be allowed to turn away and that it is the duty of Muslims to keep them from doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor