Pro opinions needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjenks

n00b
Feb 26, 2008
Beverton Oregon
I am resto-modding a 1956 chevy stepside pick-up and need your A and G body expert opinions. The link below is the front clip I purchased and would like some opinions on what years and model componets are most desirable. My plan is to scavange upper and lower control arms, spindles, disc brakes, PS box, pump, in other words the whole ball of wax. Im running a BB396 if that info is needed at all? Thanks for your time all.

http://www.rbsauto.com/product.asp?Prod ... 1=17224&l2

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
Sounds like an interesting project you have. As an FYI:

-pretty much all 79-87/88 G-Bodies were the same with suspension. 78 had a few odd ball parts such as spindles and ball joints that I think were unique to that year (or were common to 73-77, but not sure).

-2WD S-10/S-15/Sonoma trucks used the same front suspension pieces. I think they were the same clean up to the end of the S-10/Sonoma run (2003/2004). The lower control arm bushings had a different inner diameter, but you will want to replace those anyway. The Colorado/Canyon are there own beast.

-Of course, there are after market parts out there such a tubular control arms, polyurethane bushings. Motor mounts from any Chevy powered G-Body should work (do NOT use ones for an Olds/Buick/Pontiac engines).

My grandfather has a 57 Chevy 1 ton pickup and a 55 Chevy 1.5 ton tow truck. Neither are running and I would say are in "junkyard" condition. I think he has doors for those inside his garage that have been out of the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor