Pro Touring Call- I need some pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Good Morning Csstrux & all; Since I like Gold, Silver (gray) & bronze, your ride didn't go unnoticed. So where ya from? I guess that I missed ya at the event. Anyway if I did say Hi, my damn ole' brain didn't store that info. I get to use the excuse that it was a "senior moment". As age is closing in on me from all sides I've got a get more serious about selling it & after 38+ years that won't be easy. Plus I'd like to have some more time, on the planet & with the car! Maybe another trip to the drag strip, a few more passes on an Auto-X & my latest dream of going to the road course. As Black Hawk Farms raceway is only 15 miles from me. If you are close by (Janesville- Beloit area) you're more than welcome to stop by for a visit. As all of you guys in the "G" body family, if your in Southern Wisconsin take time for a beer with roots or without at my place. Be sure to bring boots. And thank you all for the many likes. Ole' Bob.

Attachments

• IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 112
Reactions: 2 users

SRD art

G-Body Guru
Jun 16, 2011
St. George, UT
Interesting point of view. Remember Pro Street? Now there were many over the top professional builds but most any guy with some skills could back half a car and call it Pro Street. It was a rip off name to drag race classes, like Pro, Super Pro, etc. Basically your street car looked like a full on drag car from the outside because of gynormis rear tires. Look at Pro Touring the same way. A Touring car is something, lets just say a BMW for example, that's nimble on the road. Pro Touring is life after Pro Street... When everybody ahd seen enough and realized a Pro Touring car isn't practical at all to drive, what's Next? Ease off on the Big-n-Little tires and make your Muscle Car handle, brake, and go like a European Touring car. There are many Pro Touring cars built in garages by amateurs, prolly many more than over the top builds from shops. My car is a great example, I first built it on a super cheap budget, it's Rustoleum rattle can spray painted, and it's got a great suspension, decent brakes and was rolling on 17" wheels. Still it got lots of attention at events and pics have been published in several different places even when surrounded by high dollar cars. That's the beauty of it, $ and a shop logo doesn't REALLY matter, building an enjoyable car that's personal to you does.

If anyone's not so familiar with my car, check out the Online Pumkinator Article.

Reactions: 1 users

csstrux

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2017
Vanrah, I was visiting family out of whitewater area. I moved down to Oklahoma for work. We used to live in Janesville area though. I think we got off the big road before you and took a back way in. Saw you drive by once, and after that yeah. We parked out in the spectators lot. That one is my Pa's car. I have a cutlass we are working on when I can get a few days off in a row to come up and work on. I will have to touch base with you next time we are headed that way.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Csstrux & all; Well tell your Pa that I like his taste in automobiles. Does he ever go to the Fort Atkinson monthly car show? Beer, burger & chips for under $5.00! A big bar (Ice Cream) will but ya over budget? Anyway when ya get back up here the innovation is open, I'm about 6 miles South of Janesville. Take care Ole' Bob.
Ps: A picture from later that day.

Attachments

• AutoX2016.JPG
    AutoX2016.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 103
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

csstrux

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2017
Looks like you were tearing it up! I'll have to let him know about it. I don't know if he goes there or not. We usually end up going to the cruis in at Gus's in East Troy on Friday nights when I'm up. He will appreciate you admiration. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor