Project 80 Monte

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonL

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
Here is my new to me project !!! Back in 1992 my Grandparents got me a 79 Monte Carlo with 36k on it. I painted it black and put some 442 wheels on it that i got from a junk yard. I have been looking for one for years but they were all JUNK !!! I found this at one of the car dealers that is a client of mine, and it was super solid !!! It is a 1980, but close enough !!!! Here are some before and NEW....

My 1979 3.8 v6
79MC2-M.jpg

My 1980 4.4 v8
monte1-M.jpg

Impulse Buy Last week.....Paid 2 much, but its what I had.......Probally going to sell them to fund the rims I want
rims1-M.jpg

I think I want to do the GTA wheels. Plan on doing the car black again and the black gta wheels.

lsx80monte

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
Thats what I was originally looking to do with my monte cause I love mesh wheels. Black with gta rims but I knew that I wanted bigger brakes that those 16 in wheels could accept so I went with bbs bmw 17s and will probably go to 18in bbs in the future. But thats one clean looking monte.

JasonL

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
yeah just put a fuel pump in and fixed a trans line seems to run ok. looking for a 200r and a 350 or 400 small block.......

Blake B

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2011
KS
where are you located, there are a few decent 400 blocks near me in KS/MO. some need rebuilt, some just need to be cleaned up.

i just picked one up for cheap, fresh motor/fresh 700r4 trans/ and TC for $400..

this economy is a buyers market for sure.

PS.. i definately want to see the goldies on the '80

JasonL

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
the car is getting painted black in the near future. I already started stripping the gold off the rims !!!! probally will just have the powder coated, but to be honest, I want the black GTA 16" rims with the silver lips.

JasonL

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
Blake B said:
where are you located, there are a few decent 400 blocks near me in KS/MO. some need rebuilt, some just need to be cleaned up.

i just picked one up for cheap, fresh motor/fresh 700r4 trans/ and TC for $400..

this economy is a buyers market for sure.

PS.. i definately want to see the goldies on the '80

I really would love a 400.....I had a Hittin 406 in my 71 camaro. I am in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor