Anglemont, BC
Little bit of progress

20180304_173702.jpg 20180304_174136.jpg 20180317_221322.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Bought a house without a shop :doh: so not much progress to speak of until I get a shop built. Did play with timing a bit and installed an AFR gauge to see whats going on, trying to get some mileage out of her for my 50 mile trip to work. Got it up to 14mpg from 10! Now I just need to find a place to get metering rods for my OHG mixer, and might be able to pull a few more mpgs.

Really just posting to keep my thread from getting locked lol

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Scored some new springs! Guy I work with has some belltech 23225 2/3" drop s10 springs, his truck was riding on the bump stops with them so he swapped out for drop spindles. I know I'll get a good deal on them, but he said I can try them first. Looking at the specs they should be very comparable to a 5660. I'm hoping they will keep my stance pretty much where it is but stiffen things up a bit.

Rate = 610 lbs per inch
WD = .718"
Free Length = 11.47"

s-l300.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Got the springs in the other day (yes it took 5 months, let's not talk about it,) sits about 3/8" lower in the front. Way stiffer, but I couldn't really take advantage of that on my test drive because now the front tire rubs the fender when I hit a big enough bump, which my road is full of. Time to look for tires or trim down the wheel spacers I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor