BUILD THREAD Project "Con Artist" 1980 Malibu

• Thread starter Dayzedandkonfuzed
  • Start date
Dayzedandkonfuzed

Dayzedandkonfuzed

Master Mechanic
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
I decided to call this project "Con Artist," mainly because I hate the term 'sleeper,' even though the goal here is exactly that. It starts with a somewhat rusty 1980 Malibu, add a bunch of suspension upgrades, and a boosted 454 under an un-molested hood, and you have Project Con Artist.

Unfortunately the wheels don't do much for the modest look I'm trying to go for, but I'm always on the hunt for something that would suit it better.

Mock up

Last edited:
jeremyandthemonte

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
Good God that turbo is huge any specs on it?

Dayzedandkonfuzed

Dayzedandkonfuzed

Master Mechanic
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
I cant remember if its a 90mm or a 94mm, I'll have to measure it again. But it has a .76 a/r compressor and 1.41 a/r twin scroll turbine. I'll likely use it as is at first, and later on invest in a quick spool valve, cuz I think it's even a little big for the 454.

Dayzedandkonfuzed

Dayzedandkonfuzed

Master Mechanic
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
If those were a couple inches bigger I'd be all over it! Now that I've felt the handling improvements from a larger wheel, I couldn't go back to 15s, thanks for the offer though!

Dayzedandkonfuzed

Dayzedandkonfuzed

Master Mechanic
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Not much progress yesterday, got the downpipe roughly routed under the car though

Keep in mind I am learning a lot of this turbo stuff as I go, so any input is appreciated.

Reactions: TheBrick

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor