CUTLASS Project "In between"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
There are SBO roots manifolds out there. I believe they cut the Offy dual quad manifold, finally make that turd useful and weld a blower top on it.

Reactions: 1 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
There are SBO roots manifolds out there. I believe they cut the Offy dual quad manifold, finally make that turd useful and weld a blower top on it.
I like where these thoughts are going. However like 69hurstolds said gotta stay on target for now

Reactions: 2 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
20210622_160500.jpg

Got the garage cleaned out and the boys car in there, he started working on cleaning up the frame in the front to shoot a little paint on it. Nothing fancy just enough to make it look a little better. This thing is extremely original which is nice for a change.
20210624_153211.jpg

After he got it painted he got the olds mounts on the frame. I've had a lot of these cars and never had much luck getting the mounts off without taking the lower control arms off to get access to the bolts. These came right off, not sure weather to be proud or pissed that he's got it so easy :ROFLMAO:. With any luck the engine should be sitting in it after the weekend. Also made some progress on the quarter panel so I'll be updating that as well

Reactions: 4 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
That looks amazing. What is the part number for that A/C compressor delete pulley?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I want you to spend more money...get an F41 800 series steery box and pitman arm in there...easiest to do with the engine out. That's my bang for the buck mentality kicking in. But I totally understand it's a father/son project that pays high dividends that you can't measure. (y) So, one thing at a time. You can always come back to steering/suspension stuff later.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
I want you to spend more money...get an F41 800 series steery box and pitman arm in there...easiest to do with the engine out. That's my bang for the buck mentality kicking in. But I totally understand it's a father/son project that pays high dividends that you can't measure. (y) So, one thing at a time. You can always come back to steering/suspension stuff later.
I was honestly thinking about that, this box is already leaking ( like all round cover boxes seem to do) i have a spare 4 bolt box that i need to finish up rebuilding then i think i might just slap it on his car. The passenger wheel is so loose in the bearings im surprised anyone could drive it, so that will be something ill have to fix before it goes to the gbody classic for sure.

Reactions: 1 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Engine is in! Sitting on its mounts and waiting on the transmission. My son spent some of the afternoon yesterday getting started cleaning up the Trans to get it ready for a filter change and reinstall. Going to try not to touch the rest of it for now. However it's a TH200 so the chances of it lasting much longer after it's relatively high mileage and sitting for years is unlikely
20210628_163510.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Okay so update time. I swapped out the tires on the car for a set we had at the house, turned out really well. Added some beauty rings and center caps also. Really cleaned up the look of the car but also was nice to get get tires from the early 80's off the thing since they were so rotten. Engine is coming along nicely, we are down to the small things now. Timing should be all set up for initial fire up and all that assorted stuff. One issue we did run into is that the edelbrock carb hits the tall EGR boss on the intake so that will have to be ground on for sure to make room for the linkage. We just got another round of packages in the mail yesterday including the radiator hoses, trans mount, and filter for the trans. Will be picking up some break in oil this Friday so we can get this thing fired up and ready. One bit of good news is that it looks like the wiring from the V6 is going to work perfectly with the V8 and I'll be able to plug everything in to use the factory idiot lights. Sounds strange but my boy is wanting it to look basically factory so it'll be a plus not having gauges besides a tach placed all around.
20210718_173121.jpg
20210718_173127.jpg
20210718_173137.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor