Project Paper Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
With no sarcasm intended, well maybe a little ;) , I think it would be in your best interest to figure out hot get the body off that thing or drop out the 'power plant' for some general maintenance. Alot of rust in those photos that will lead to more of the same type of headaches.

Just spit ballin' here, so take it with a grain a salt.
Oh yea, there is a way, just haven't thought I'd need to just yet. But I'm sure I will need to sometime, probably should have even for this job.

54out.jpg

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Well the little stupid car is having a power loss issue. Random times under load it will throw a P0238 and lose a power, to the point where I'm cresting hills at 40kmh on the highway. Key off for 30 seconds and it's back to normal. Checked a few things out, and found the wastegate actuator rod not quite adjusted properly. You'll notice in the pic, as I'm holding the gate completely closed. I was skeptical that this was the problem as it was so slight, but after 1.5 turns of the jamb nut I'm noticing slightly less boost (code was for overboost) and it didn't have the issue at all this morning on my way to work, which was happening at least twice per trip before. Fingers crossed!

20210804_205617.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor