Project Pontiac Grand Prix 2x2 Aero Coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron L. Thomas

Apprentice
Jan 6, 2016
Detroit, MI
Very nice! I love GP's but I am soooo not a fan of the 2+2 that I teeter on the idea of hating it. Looking at your car has made me find a whole new appreciation for the 2+2. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see what else you have planned for this project. Thanks

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

flatout

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 13, 2016
Very nice! I love GP's but I am soooo not a fan of the 2+2 that I teeter on the idea of hating it. Looking at your car has made me find a whole new appreciation for the 2+2. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see what else you have planned for this project. Thanks

I did not like it because of the factory paint job. The color and the hideous orange stripe! So I decided to change the colors to my own personal liking. The car is not original since I changed the motor out and figured I could not hurt it any worse. Some of the things I plan to do are convert the breaks front and rear to C4 Corvette Z06 breaks. I want to drop the front with two inch spindles and replace the springs, front and back. 2" front 3" back Plan on replacing all the weather stripping. and completely redo the interior. The rats and sun had their way. I just met a guy that does interior work he is going to help me. Plus many other details this is just a few. Also, working on a step by step slideshow of transformation.

Thanks for everyone's comments!

Reactions: 3 users

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Are those 20s? Looks good man. This is now the 3rd one I've ever seen. Saw one today for sale at south beach classics in Miami.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I would use stiffer, shorter springs and a tall lower ball joint to lower it in front vs spindles (and use stock S10 blazer spindles as a basis for a big brake conversion). If you use drop spindles in front, definitely up the spring rate or the tires will hit the inner fenders much more than the same height with just lower/stiffer springs.

Shorter, stiffer springs with good shocks and ZQ8 bumpstops (vs. the factory hard urethane) actually rides pretty good.

When you lower the car, the fenderwells will need some work, but based on all of the cool subtle body mods you have already done to the car, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Welcome aboard!
I love the paint work..and everything you've done to it so far.....very tastefully done....nice powerplant...
Lowering it would enhance the look even more so...just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions....lol!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Welcome to the forum. That's a good looking 2+2. I'm interested to see what else you do to the car. Keep us posted.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

flatout

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 13, 2016
I would use stiffer, shorter springs and a tall lower ball joint to lower it in front vs spindles (and use stock S10 blazer spindles as a basis for a big brake conversion). If you use drop spindles in front, definitely up the spring rate or the tires will hit the inner fenders much more than the same height with just lower/stiffer springs.

Shorter, stiffer springs with good shocks and ZQ8 bumpstops (vs. the factory hard urethane) actually rides pretty good.

When you lower the car, the fenderwells will need some work, but based on all of the cool subtle body mods you have already done to the car, it shouldn't be a big deal.

I need all the advice I can get! Thank you! I have many questions I would like to ask you. I wonder if I can PM you a personal message?

Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I need all the advice I can get! Thank you! I have many questions I would like to ask you. I wonder if I can PM you a personal message?

Sure, that's no problem. I'll be traveling the next couple weeks taking my son on a college visit, but I always have time to talk G-bodies with a fellow 2+2 owner.

Reactions: 3 users

86pontiac2+2

Greasemonkey
Jul 14, 2016
This is excellent stuff! LS6 bolted to a 200r4"?? Can you go into detail about it? Very interesting. Good job!

Couldn't wait...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor