Project "Sand Bagger"

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois
Hello, new to the forum. I have a 78 elco that has been worked over a few times, and now its time to do it my way. Needs alot of tlc. Mildly built 350, lots of bondo haha.

First off I am bagging it. Heres a couple pics of its first days in my possession. Started stripping it and figuring out where air management is going. Fit up some 20's that I had. I will update this as I go.

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

Thanks for looking and any comments welcomed.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Re: Lets build a 78

Sweet!!! i cant wait to see some more progresss.....u going with IROCS?

all4gss

Apprentice
Aug 8, 2009
Bella Vista, AR

This looks like a great build thread. I'm looking forward to learning about the bags.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il

burgundy83 said:
I like those Heineken centers :friday:
X2 8)

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il

are them stock spindles or are they drop spindles? and whered ya get em?

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois

OK, so the billets I have will be staying on it for awhile. The spindles are drop spindles belltech 2100. Picked them up on ebay for $120. I removed the front suspension today, and started to fit the bags. They are dominator 2600's. It looks as though when they are aired out they will hit the spring pocket. Its hard to capture in a picture. So I will be cutting the pocket out 1/2" all the way around. The bags are 7" diameter so a 6" diameter bag would be fine, and maybe these would be fine with no cutting too... But I want to roll aired out so a little cutting will do. Control arms will be cleaned up this week and new bushings will be installed. I decided to replace ball joints too so I will order those this weekend. Front should be done in the next 2 weeks.
DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

Heres the difference in stock and 2" drop spindles
DSC_0038.jpg

Been working on building a pedal car for my 2 year old sons christmas present, some pinstriping and it will be done.
DSC_0044.jpg

I come from the vw scene, built a bunch of them. Here is my current daily Audi A4. Lots of work into it.
julycar001.jpg

Thats me in a nutshell, haha

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal

:shock: :shock: wow super clean rides...im going to learn alot from this thread and those bags setup...keep up the good work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor