Project "Sand Bagger"

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois
84cutlassjuggalo said:
How do you plan to ,mount it with out putting holes in the plate? I'm glad there wont be any but I can't figure our how you're gonna mount it with out em.
Duct tape :mrgreen:

I welded brackets/tabs to the backside.

I OPENED MY GARAGE TODAY. 1st time in over a month :puke: Didn't "do" anything, but I looked at the car haha.
My work schedule is 65+ hours a week until end of March, so don't expect much out of me. But I have been collecting some more parts, so when I have the time I'll be able to get stuff done.

Someone sell me a headliner please :D , I don't have one.

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois
jlcustomz said:
1979ratrod said:
man you need to get back on it. keep coming up with some awesome new ideas! oh and why is there 3 gauges for your bags? do u have 3 tanks?
One would be a single needle gauge for the tank . The other 2 would be dual needle gauges to read the 4 air bags.

Yup ^^^

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
boatshoes said:
84cutlassjuggalo said:
How do you plan to ,mount it with out putting holes in the plate? I'm glad there wont be any but I can't figure our how you're gonna mount it with out em.
Duct tape :mrgreen:

I welded brackets/tabs to the backside.

I OPENED MY GARAGE TODAY. 1st time in over a month :puke: Didn't "do" anything, but I looked at the car haha.
My work schedule is 65+ hours a week until end of March, so don't expect much out of me. But I have been collecting some more parts, so when I have the time I'll be able to get stuff done.

Someone sell me a headliner please :D , I don't have one.

I'm still not sure how the brackets can be bolted but I'll probably picture it when you get it mocked up lol

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois
So... When I bought this car, it was missing quite a few parts. Some interior, some exterior, alot of underhood stuff. I have wasted alot of time finding all the little parts/clips/trim stuff, and I think I have most of it now. Not knowing these cars very well going into it, I had no idea just how much was missing/how hard it would be to get some of it.
Now, if I were to ever buy another el camino, I know what to look for haha :lol:

Not much new, just collecting interior pieces. I got a headliner and promptly covered it in suede. I do this to every car I own :mrgreen:
I will cover the upper door cards and the lower door inserts in suede also, so it should look proper.

Hope everybody is doing well :D

IMG_20130217_143821_zpsdf1b96de.jpg

IMG_20130223_142341_zpsf4c20fab.jpg

IMG_20130223_141404_zps8823e639.jpg

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois
Thanks guys. Started to spray everything landau black today. I'm really happy with the finish.
Still need to do the dash and a few small parts.

I scrubbed and scraped, and was left with this pile of junk haha

IMG_20130225_184755_zps2fd0105f.jpg

finished

IMG_20130226_111140_zps7d0a31cb.jpg

really clean finish, these panels were super shiny when new.

IMG_20130226_111202_zps9742a405.jpg

atleast I'm doing something... :)

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yes those speaker door panels are super shiney lol, I immediately regretted not sanding and painting them before I installed them.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
That looks super clean! love that shade of black.. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor