Project "Sand Bagger"

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois
Thanks fellers.

I have a lot of stuff to wire. Blah. This is what I'm going to procrastinate at the most, because I don't want it to look bad and that takes more planning than I usually commit to anything.

I actually forgot to mount the 5th relay in the middle, so I get to start over again :mrgreen:
IMG_20130327_203345_zpscb3cb932.jpg

Chongo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 31, 2013
sh*t is there any resources you can recommend for the wiring situation? I have alot of wiring beefs to get to and Im not too confident about it....

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois
Chongo said:
sh*t is there any resources you can recommend for the wiring situation? I have alot of wiring beefs to get to and Im not too confident about it....

I just have an old manual with wiring diagrams in it, but mostly reference the interwebs.

The reason I'm so excited about all this interior is that it didn't have one in it when I bought the car. It just had 2 racing seats and a crappy dash.
Bad cell pic, but you get the idea.

IMG_20130330_220624_zpsd424834f.jpg

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois
91hrdbdy said:
what are all the relays for?
1 for each air compressor, 1 for each door to open, and 1 to flash my parking lights(alarm)
It's all wired now, need to make a battery mount and do the under hood wiring now. I want to hide all the headlight wiring

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois
91hrdbdy said:
im not sure what compressor your running but the relays don't last when they have much more than 20 amps continuous when im doing customer install i run a 200amp solenoid there only about 30 bucks and provide yrs of trouble free use.
just my .02 every thing else is looking great.

I welcome all information, thank you. I will look into the solenoids.
I have 2 viair 480 compressors, supposed to pull 20 amp max.

91hrdbdy

Greasemonkey
Jun 15, 2011
no those compressors pull well over 40 at high psi start up and level out to about 27 amps. there a great compressor ive been a viair dealer since there were called Vital Air and used on emergency vehicles they will last you a long time with no trouble.

i sell and install these guys for 30.00 ive never had one fail and i need to correct i miss spoke the 200 amp ones are about 80.00 bucks these ones are 80 amp continuous
00297860.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor