Projects from THE COMPOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that couple was very correct. As a Marylander and a person that works in the DC area, I can attest that you really don't see many of them around anymore. The local junkyards used to be full of them but now nothing

But maryland is rocksalt happy. The other day we had a high change of getting an inch of snow the next morning. When I woke up the next day the roads were full of white but it was not snow but an inch of rock salt :lol: and old VW's rust out easy

I found this VW in the junk yard the other day
IMG-20130211-00232_zpsee90712c.jpg

Looks well enough preserved with no floor rot. It looks very restorable

Are there still great hoards of Volvo 240's roaming around Oregon?

Yup. Still tons of Volvo 240s running around.

Some more euro-trash at the compound:
001_zps3631a20e.jpg

Harley FatBob getting gloss black in place of the original "denim" (flat black):
005_zpsc93ac2c7.jpg

006_zpsb517812e.jpg

Why are you restoring that Benz? Unlike the VW van you had and the Volvo 240's(people wait in line to buy those still those late 1980's to early 2000's benzs have no resale value and are very unreliable

Ether way I am sure that you and your brother will do your best on that Benz and make it look stellar just like all the other projects

That's a paying job that my brother is doing. We don't own it. There is a group of Czech guys that keep him pretty busy with side work. Lots of MBZ, BMWs, Audis, etc. Normally I don't document most of them but I just snapped a quick pic since it was parked right behind the fridge projects. Cool bunch of dudes, but horrible drivers :lol: .

Great news! My wife wrecked her Neon in the gym parking lot this morning. Apparently, she always parks next to a light post with a concrete base because it protects it from door dings. Somehow she managed to take out the passenger side front door, rear door, quarter, and rear bumper. Outstanding!

There won't be any insurance money. It's already been totaled 3 times before (check out page 4 of this thread) so it only carries liability. This one's gonna be out of pocket...her pocket.

DRIVEN said:
Great news! My wife wrecked her Neon in the gym parking lot this morning. Apparently, she always parks next to a light post with a concrete base because it protects it from door dings. Somehow she managed to take out the passenger side front door, rear door, quarter, and rear bumper. Outstanding!
How did she manage to do this? Sorry to hear.

She gets up at 4:30 and is at the gym before 5. I guess she wasn't quite awake yet :roll: . It's her normal parking spot and she's parked there literally hundreds of times over the last few years. She was clearly really nervous about telling me. Not sure why she thought it was such a big deal. At least it was just a concrete pillar and not another car. Besides, it's not my car an I'm not the one who has to pay to fix it. We have a pretty unconventional arrangement and our finances are basically separate. She pays some bills and I pay the others. It's not for everyone but it works for us.

Met my dad and my brother for lunch today. Probably the one and only time the 3 amigos will ever be parked together.
3004_zps61bd5286.jpg

3008_zps1b785673.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor