Projects from THE COMPOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically just a quick flip. Get a running engine in, finish the interior, and a "resale red" paint job. Nothing fancy -- just a fun project. Actually, I've had very little involvement so far. My dad has done 99% of the mechanical work plus all the disassembly and most of the rough prep work. My brother just started the actual body work. I'll post pics as it progresses.

Here's where the tedious stuff happens. The front and rear hatches are removed.

Then it's time to repair cracks with some AutoMix.

There are at least 20 spots on the car that need attention.

Since the doors are steel (Pinto), all the side trim holes will be welded before they're smoothed out.

As of last night, the body work was pretty much done. It's masked up and ready for primer this morning.

Totally unrelated distraction: Replacing the bent crankshaft on my brother's mower.

And a couple random cars that were at my day job yesterday:
'54 Crestline

'48 Merc

:lol: Just some tricked out mail truck I saw for sale on CL a couple years ago. I just thought it was cool so I swiped the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor