Projects from THE COMPOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found another one. Our dad's 1997 Roadking. Was red. He liked the color combo of an '07. My brother made it happen. He's been all over the country on it and it's been very reliable and still gets 50mpg. I replaced the rocker assemblies last year due to a ticking caused by worn shaft bushings. Still has original base gaskets and no leaks at over 70K miles. The Evo was a great engine.
IMG_3129.jpg

IMG_4478.jpg

Here's a couple projects that came and went with no work done. Essentially flips.

1950 Studebaker pickup. There was almost 2 complete trucks here. Doubled my money.
002-12.jpg

1978 Chevy 4X4 Shorty. Running and driving but very rusty. I got it free -- pure profit.
004-19.jpg

I did an engine swap, wiring, full brake replacement and some suspension work on this '55.
001-32.jpg

002-27.jpg

Some after shots of a '68 Mustang my brother painted last winter. It had been hit and "repaired" in the left front. Only problem is that it was 1" up and 1" swayed right so nothing even came close to fitting. He did a frame pull and replaced most of the front sheet metal. Horrible pictures but beautiful paint.
187.jpg

185.jpg

The lady picked it up and drove it home. Her husband started messing with the carb. It hasn't run since and has been parked outside. What a waste.

Ringers said:
Cool post. I like seeing other interests. I had a '69 S/C Rambler with a 390 4Spd. Funny comment about the ashtrays! I think mine had more than enough for a small circus. That car went every direction but straight and took both feet on the brakes, a hard pull back on the steering wheel with clenched teeth and all the passengers screaming to get it to stop! Scared the crap out of me, everytime I drove it, but I'd give up a nut to have it back. Sold it in the mid 90's for I'm thinking around 2K.
Pretty much sums it up :lol: . I miss that wagon. One of the most useful cars I've ever owned. I feel it was better built than the GM/Ford/Mopars of that era.

Great stuff! I bet to a person who has lived in a large city all their life this thread seems like some other country or era. My buddys dad and older brother worked at a small factory in a machine shop and when the factory would up upgrade he would buy their old equipment for a song. They had their own little machine/work shop and large barn with over 20 antique tractors in various states of restoration. (And 7 kids with what seemed like a kitten factory) Many of the old mans tractors were photo shoot features in antique tractor magazines and pulled pretty well at the local county fairs. We ran, broke, fixed, fabricated, painted, and modified, anything & everything with a motor and wheels in that shop. :mrgreen:

We lived on a the edge of a one blinker light town and my parents had a small general grocery store with wood floors gas pumps out front meat processing and hardware in the back. :lol: Thanks for sharing and a trip down memory lane.

cutlass79 said:
DRIVen kep them comin.i hate rice bunners but im in love with that silver datsun i want to see it with a niceer set of wheels
Sorry, that's the way we sold it. I always hated those wheels too. Ironically, I love them on my Cutlass all polished up.
007-12.jpg

He's my other J-tin: 1971 B110 (commonly called the 1200). I bought it from the original owner in 2004 after sitting in a field since '82. On the way home:
DSC00129.jpg

My brother doin work:
DSC00192.jpg

It now runs an A15 (1500cc) with electronic ignition, a header and Mikunis from a GSXR, dogleg 5-speed, H150 rearend with 3.70 gears. It's louder than it is fast.
003.jpg

005.jpg

002.jpg

It makes 14s look huge!
19776.jpg

It goes up for sale in the spring.

My oldest stuff-
First is my '35 Ford pickup. This was technically my first car. I drove it almost daily for 7 years.
chariot.jpg

One day, on my way home from work, a sweet 19yo girl in a Neon pulled out of a driveway to make an illegal left. After being thrown from the vehicle and spending 3 days in the hospital (scull fracture, etc, etc), this is what greeted me:
DSC00093-1.jpg

It's been 12 years of collecting parts and I hope to start rebuilding this summer. I currently have another frame, C4 front suspension, C3 rear suspension, LT1, T5, and all replacement body panels.
032.jpg

The second one is my '35 Ford sedan. It's been on hold for over 2 years now. It's got an 8" (from the pickup), a custom torsion bar front suspension, 4.6 DOHC and 4R70W from a Lincoln Mark VIII. I plan to run fenderless with a custom grill.
008-3.jpg

004-12.jpg

001-31.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor